Fast Eddie's Fables

fasteddie

My youngest son , Nick , and I met at the property in Geneseo this am . We headed for the woods about 6:15 . On the way a deer blew in the pasture lot East of us and did it for a while . When we got lose to where we turned onto my SILs property we could see the forms of a half dozen deer in the bean field . As we started to cross , a deer bolted from the thick stuff and ran into the bean field . It was only about 25 yards ahead of us . We got to our stands and settled it . There was a light drizzle from the time we left our cars . I saw 2 doe heading south out of the woods over 150 yards away at 7:20 and another doe heading the same direction at about 8 am . At around 9 am I saw what looked to be a coyote running North through the woods . That was it for me . Nick saw a doe with a fawn . I did a slow walk across the woods , headed North to the end of the property and then waled East on the North end and then sat in one of our other stands facing North . I noticed that the posted signs I put up last year were in good shape until I came across one that sheet was missing from ..... the next 5 were the same . I have no doubt that someone ripped them off of the plywood . The staples were intact and the sheet were totally missing and nothing to be found in the woods . 

My youngest son , Nick , and I met at the property in Geneseo this am . We headed for the woods about 6:15 . On the way a deer blew in the pasture lot East of us and did it for a while . When we got lose to where we turned onto my SILs property we could see the forms of a half dozen deer in the bean field . As we started to cross , a deer bolted from the thick stuff and ran into the bean field . It was only about 25 yards ahead of us . We got to our stands and settled it . There was a light drizzle from the time we left our cars . I saw 2 doe heading south out of the woods over 150 yards away at 7:20 and another doe heading the same direction at about 8 am . At around 9 am I saw what looked to be a coyote running North through the woods . That was it for me . Nick saw a doe with a fawn . I did a slow walk across the woods , headed North to the end of the property and then waled East on the North end and then sat in one of our other stands facing North . I noticed that the posted signs I put up last year were in good shape until I came across one that sheet was missing from ..... the next 5 were the same . I have no doubt that someone ripped them off of the plywood . The staples were intact and the sheet were totally missing and nothing to be found in the woods . 

Ripping off those posted signs. So bizarre. If they really wanted to get rid of them, you'd think they'd pull the posts out of the ground, or knock them over too. Weird. Anyone looking at those posts knows what they are.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Another Bummer of a day . Started out in Mendon  and was in the stand by 6:30  . Had another  4 point at around 25 yards at 7:30 . Thought it was going to be a good day . Nothing after that 

Went to my car , got something to eat and drove to Walworth . Sat in my treestand in in the shade the swamp . Mosquitoes were a nuisance . Got down from the stand at 6:30 . It was a long day ! 

My oldest son and I hunted in Mendon yesterday . I saw 2 doe . The closest one was 65 yards away . I was down wind and they never looked my way . My son saw an 8 point basket rack buck . We quit at 10 am as it was getting rather warm .

I think I will give Geneseo a try Monday as it looks to be quite cool . 

My worse hunting day ever !!!!  I was in a stand in Geneseo by 6:45 . I was at the very South end of a LaneWay where the wind was in my face . About 7:45 a small buck came within 20 yards and sniffed the ground where I had a Honeysuckle  smoke stick lit . He was there maybe 3 minutes and wandered into the bean filed . He had been looking down the laneway so I thought more deer might be coming . Not a chance . It had been cold and windy and some small limbs had been hitting the ladder stand . I thought I would shoot mt 2 target arrows so I removed my arrow wit the broadhead but ..... the broadhead was missing . I don't know how it unscrewed but it was gone . Looked below where it should have fallen but no luck .I could only imagine what would have happened if I had shot at a deer with no point on an arrow . Duh ! 

I went up to my car , put my gear away , changed my clothes and went to McDonald's in Geneseo to get a coffee and a burger . I parked and walked in as I didn't want to go through the Drive-Thru with the trailer & ATV . Got warmed up and left . My passenger side trailer light looked odd and I checked it out . It was busted up pretty good . Either someone hit the trailer or busted the light to be a jerk . Drove to WalMart and bought a replacement . Had to buy a crimper kit as I didn't have mine with me . Spent some time getting the broken one off and got the new one one . It wouldn't work . Went over to Tractor Supply and bought a different replacement . I couldn't get that to work either . Drove home as I didn't want to be driving at night with the light not working . It wouldn't be as noticeable during daylight hours . My afternoon hunt was a no go ! 

When I got home , I backed the trailer in the garage , grabbed a cup of coffee and played with the light some more . Got it to work . Back in action . I still wonder how the trailer light got smashed ........ I hope that there are better days ahead !

Spent the day in Geneseo . Was in my stand early . Sat back and relaxed . At 7:18 am 2 doe and a fawn walked through the middle of the bean field over 100 yards out . They milled around for about 10 minutes and went back the way they came . That was it for the morning sightings . Got out of the stand at 10 am .  I walked down the laneway to check another stand and saw where the strap for the brace to that ladder stand had broke . Went up to my ATV and back to the car . Called my SIL to see if she wanted a couple of jobs done and she was going somewhere with one of her horses so they left me off the hook . Went down to Geneseo , got something to eat and took care of a few things . 

Went back to my SILs property and headed for the stand with the broken strap . Put a new on on and climbed in for a long afternoon . I was in the stand from 2:30 until almost 6:30 . Between 5:15 and 5:52 I saw 5 doe , 1 fawn and a buck in the field next to my SILs property . The closest was at least 50 yards from my stand . The buck came charging out of the woods and chased a doe down the field .

Grabbed my gear and went to my ATV . Drove up to wear I was parked . When I got there , there was a PU truck half way in the road with his lights flashing and not to far from my trailer . Apparently when he came around the curve a buck ran out and he hit it . The guy said it was a monster . It was probably one of the 4 points I saw the other day . There was plastic and some glass scattered in the road and it was difficult to get people to slow down . The driver was damn near deaf and his wife was screaming for people to slow down . A neighbor called the accident in and a Trooper showed up . I left . 

At least it wasn't another boring day ! 

• Like 1

I was in my stand almost an hour before Sunrise . At 7 am I had a doe 25 yards away . I asked her to come back in a half hour . after a couple minutes she wandered off . Saw another doe about 200+ yards away just cruising slow across the area . My oldest son said he was leaving at 10 and I said I was going to hang out until 11 . Before I got out of the stand I shot one of my field tip arrows at a dark patch 31 yards  away . It was spot on . Glad I had a Lighted Nock or I might have had a difficult time finding the arrow . The ground looked a lot different on the ground than it did from the stand . The stand is a 15 foot ladder stand and is on a bank that is 10 feet higher than the ground level of the field . I checked out the property for other possibilities to set up in the area . 

Got something to eat in Mendon and then checked out another property that we used to hunt on . It didn't look so great but you never know . Came home and replaced the wheel hub and bearings on my work trailer . I probably won't get out again until this coming Wednesday . 

I will be off to Geneseo again tomorrow morning . I hope the farmer has the beans combined so I can take the ATV to the woods . THe grass is high and it's like a swamp trying to get past the pond . If I tried , I would probably bury the ATV . The pond leaks and the water has no where to go but just lay there . It has been too wet for the guy who mows the trails for the GVHC ( Tally Ho the Fox ) . If the beans are down , I can ride around it . 

Sat in a stand in Geneseo this am from 6:45 to 10 am . Had 2 doe and a fawn feeding in the neighbor's field from 8:15 to 8:30 . That was it . I acquired a col and felt pretty crappy . Took a walk to the woods and checked out the cameras . When I unlocked on of them , the locking tab was broken and the SD card was gone . This is my SILs property and the same woods where 6 posted signs were removed . Someone is screwing around here .

I helped my SIL with a couple jobs and left . Stopped at WalMart and got some medication for the cold . Sat in my stand on a friend's property in Walworth for almost 3 hours and saw zilch . Going to rest up tomorrow as I feel terrible !

Went back to Geneseo and sat in my double stand by the Buffalo Ditch . Was there in pitch black and didn't see anything all morning . Started my coughing spell at 10:30 and left at 11 . Couldn't play the wind in any of the stands . Texted my youngest son who was hunting with his brother in Mendon . Neither saw any deer but Nick said he saw 2 coyotes . Once it started raining I wasn't about to go back out . 

I havn't been out since last Saturday am . Tomorrow afternoon doesn't look good with rain in the forecast . Will re-check the weather forecast in the am . My back has been bothering me for the past 3 days and I am praying that it isn't another Kidney Stone . I don't want to go through that again !

I popped a couple more Doan's Pills and went to my friend's property in Walworth . I was in the stand by 3:30 . The swamp had encoached quite a bit on the land and the trail was under water . Didn't see any ducks on the water and it was real quiet except for the kennel dogs barking a mile away . At 5:10 I saw a lone doe sneaking through the woods about 50 yards behind me . With the leaves gone I could see quite a bit in different directions . At 5:45 , I heard some splashing and saw 2 doe heading my way . They were directly down wind of me and the lead doe knew where I was . They changed direction and headed across at about 30 yards . I was tempted to take a shot but it was overcast and dark in the woods and I knew there were saplings between us . I didn't want to do anything stupid so I just watched them go off in the distance . Al least I saw something . 

• Like 4

Got the X-Bow out and plan to give it a try tomorrow in Geneseo tomorrow . I shot 6 practice arrows and feel confident at 30 yards . I am going to try using the 2 man chair blind and my Bi-Fur pod shooting sticks . The only problem I have is I can't find my de-cocking bolt . I know that it is in a safe place somewhere between the Garage and the House ......

• Like 2

Got the X-Bow out and plan to give it a try tomorrow in Geneseo tomorrow . I shot 6 practice arrows and feel confident at 30 yards . I am going to try using the 2 man chair blind and my Bi-Fur pod shooting sticks . The only problem I have is I can't find my de-cocking bolt . I know that it is in a safe place somewhere between the Garage and the House ......
Now you'll just have to decock on a nice big juicy deer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What a crappy day . I was in my 2 man chair blind with the X-Bow at 6:50 am with almost an hour to wait before legal time . Didn't see a damned thin all the time I was there . Called it quits there at noon . The woods was wet and muddy as the water doesn't run off . I didn't have the de-cocking bolt with me so I fired into a muddy clump with my practice arrow . Couldn't find it even after digging through the mud . It's probably in China .

Took a break and headed for Mendon . Sat in a spot from 3 until 6 pm . No deer . At 5:55 a red fox came along the trail , stopped peed , and continued on . I think he was reminding me that I had 5 more minutes of legal time .

Got permits to fill and the deer aren't cooperating . My youngest son was in a stand in Mendon from 9 am to 6 pm . Only saw 2 doe at a distance .

Sat in my 2 man chair blind for 2 1/2 hours . Had the wind blowing in my face . Didn't see anything . The swamp is really backed up and my friend has a boat out there so he can get to his duck decoys which he could normally wade to . The swamp just isn't draining . It's also clogged with dead trees .