Doe Down!!

Zag

Went to my dads property this afternoon. I don't bow hunt much there due to the distance plus I have two better spots. 2 weeks ago I hung a stand in a new spot & due to the wind direction today this was my best option. Got settled in about 20 after 4. Wiped the sweat off me and about 5pm 3 doe slowly made the way towards me. Finally at 20yrs I made the shot. I hit her to high up but luckily came out good on the back side. Called my wife and she drove down with our 5yr old to tag along on the track. She made it about 80yrs. First time my son got to tag along and he loved it. Driving home he asked if we could cook some of the meat tonight!! Yup he's totally hooked. She's almost all cut up. I have to say I love taking a doe early with the bow its a great confidence builder for me!!

• Like 9

Pics or it didn't happen! Haha good job on the doe and making a nice memory with your little one. I love taking a doe early. Puts a little meat in the freezer and it feels like it takes the pressure off. Making a good shot on a game animal (as opposed to a target) is a great confidence builder as well.