One Hour Limit

Early

Nice! Did you use a tree limb,horse tail hair for fishing line and a wooden carved hook?  Or did you use one of those technically advanced things called a fishing pole, reel and even maybe some flourocarbon fishing line? There had to be some young guys around there using those things. :spiteful:

• Like 4

Actually, underwater cameras had let me know that some nice fish were in the area. Then a fishfinder told me exactly where to cast, using my $1000 fishing rig...NOT !!! I used the same gear...bait...and techniques I learned from my Grandfather over 60 years ago. Old Guys Rule !!!!

Actually, underwater cameras had let me know that some nice fish were in the area. Then a fishfinder told me exactly where to cast, using my $1000 fishing rig...NOT !!! I used the same gear...bait...and techniques I learned from my Grandfather over 60 years ago. Old Guys Rule !!!!

60 year old hooks? I'll have to see it to believe it. I also don't believe in 60 year old monofilament still working either. Nice try.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

Touche'....I should have said same type of gear (Most readers would have figured that out!)

I'd bet if mono was made obsolete by another cheaper, better fishing line, you wouldn't be using that anymore, regardless if your grandpa used it 60 years ago. How about when your great great great grandfather did when they used horse hair? Didn't see you mention that. Using those EWG hooks, or Eagle Claw Razor brand? Got any Gamagatsu or Owners? How about those new split shots made of steel and tungsten?

Can't be anti technology and still use the latest and greatest at the same time.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

did you have a "hit list"?

Yep - anything that hit our lures was on the list.  lol  I request that only the big hooks on the graph bite.

And to really add insult, we also use a fish hawk that gives water temp at depth we are fishing. 

Yet even with all these new fangled gadgets, its still tough to bring them in some days.

Honestly, my view is that if I am going to put in the time, I might as well do what is possible and legal to up my odds.  To each his own.

Off to check my phone for the trail cam MMS shots.

Edited by moog5050

Fished the Schoharie Creek yesterday:  Took 56 minutes to string my limit of FAT smallmouths, 15" - 17"...All caught on live bait:  crabs and hellgramites.  Caught 13 bass in all on probably my last day of fishing for the year.

nice. where abouts on the schoharie did you fish ?

Public Access Site, near Rt. 7.....Wanted to fish right in Middleburgh, but someone was already there.  Many like to fish downstream of Rt. 20, but I am totally unfamiliar with that section of the stream.

are there any smallies past the Gilboa dam out towards Prattsville and Lexington?

Edited by pawle76

I guess I have nothing against catch and release......unless the "catchers" are doing so just to have something to brag about.

I have been practicing "catch and release" with trout for years.  Why....I'm not sure....except that I get more meat from bass, and they taste just as good, or better.

My outing yesterday (which brought out some interesting nitpicking comments from some with guilty consciences) resulted in nine bass being released.  So...yeah, I'm OK with catch and release.

It is interesting that there are those who would attack me for clinging to my traditional values.  It is really kind of sad that our youngsters cannot appreciate the values of their forebears.  Those who would attack their elders deserve the compassion of the rest of us.  Please forgive those who are so attached to modern techonology that they cannot appreciate those of us who cling to the past.

I guess I have nothing against catch and release......unless the "catchers" are doing so just to have something to brag about.

I have been practicing "catch and release" with trout for years.  Why....I'm not sure....except that I get more meat from bass, and they taste just as good, or better.

My outing yesterday (which brought out some interesting nitpicking comments from some with guilty consciences) resulted in nine bass being released.  So...yeah, I'm OK with catch and release.

It is interesting that there are those who would attack me for clinging to my traditional values.  It is really kind of sad that our youngsters cannot appreciate the values of their forebears.  Those who would attack their elders deserve the compassion of the rest of us.  Please forgive those who are so attached to modern techonology that they cannot appreciate those of us who cling to the past.

keep doing what you're doing...the rest can pound salt.