Nice temp drop this weekend.

NYbuck50

Yea i hear you. We have a great spot on the island that has 11 different bucks coming in to hit a scrape. We haven't hunted it yet but now there have been a few there in the mornings around 7:05 so i'm getting in the stand tomorrow morning. I know what you mean about upstate. i have a house in Greene county and love being in the woods up there this time of year even though there aren't many big bucks in the area i hunt.  Pete i actually know a guy who you hunt with who i met at a party up there. Forgot his name but he is the guy with the two huge dogs lol.

John

Oh I have a few spots for a S/W wind...the problem is S/W 10-15 mph...really...finally cool temps and that...lol... is what it is......Found a rub line today while putting up posted signs...yes that's right...some of us are Busy all summer ;)

Good luck guys ...going out again tonight...just one little 4 on and day pics...

(sp)

Edited by growalot

i dont know about you guys, but i perfer a 10ish mph wind for bow season. Anything less than that and i find i have to be very careful where i setup, bc light winds have a tendancy to swirl and sort of sway back and forth. A nice 10mph wind means i only have to worry about by scent in one direction. It also seems to keep your scent in the stand from settling down to the ground. Show me a 12mph headwind and ill be on a ridge waiting for a buck

On this hill when the winds pick up... our trees start looking like stir sticks in a blender...I'll take a light breeze over strong steady with high gust any day here...besides when it gets more difficult for me to hear.... it does the same for the deer...that just spooks them up...I don't want to encounter a nice buck that is dropping  unpredictably due to wind startle...or one that won't come in because the doe are spooky

Weather for next weekend is looking to be even colder! Down around 32 at night. But this weekend should be real good too. I'm torn on where I will hunt in the morning. Either behind my house or drive down to my father in laws property where his father who lives across the street keeps telling me everyday that a "big" buck and a few does keep coming into his yard every morning. I think I might take the drive and see if I can catch a glimpse of this "big" buck lol. The old man is losing it but ya never know right!

• Like 1