Monster in 3M

joe12

My brother saw this guy standing in the middle of a field this morning with a doe. The pictures are a little far away, but zoom in and look at his neck. A complete bruiser!

Thanks for sharing Joe. Maybe he'll walk over to my part of 3M.  :)

He of course would need to ask a DEC officer if it would be legal to discharge a rifle in a shotgun only area in order to kill a deer on the other side of the river in a rifle area.  I would think he's good to go, since rifles are legal where the deer happens to be standing.  LOL

No need for baiting.  Your .300 Weatherby can reach him on the other side of the Hudson.

If under 500 yards away, you are correct. Might need a rest though. 300-400 yards = off-hand no problem. Still overkill for a whitetail though. The .270 WBY Mag would be fine.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

• 3 weeks later...

There was a deer in 3M on my grandfathers property that was about 180" at least. He eluded everyone that tried to hunt him. I have no clue what happened to him. I probably should have tried to hunt him but i have no doubt that he died of natural causes. I might have to get a trail cam on his place...you never know if his off spring have come to the area.