Traffic stops/deer checks?

russellbrook

Some of you just seem to want to cause a scene. You're probably the same people that hope one day you get to use your carry. I carry, but I hope I never need it.

I can't believe you made that comparison.

So you carry but hope you never need it? I hope those rights are still there too if you ever need them. Quit paying attention to them and not letting the Govt know we won't let go of them easily and they will not be there when you do need them. As I said before. THEY decided to raise the bar. If it costs me some time to prove a point I will spend the time.

I have never seen an actual traffic stop for hunters. Or where it says all hunters must pull over. I have seen deer checks on the thruway by the dec but they dont have them any more that I have seen. I dont have an issue with the deer checks. Most of that info is for research. I think it is wrong if the cops just pull hunters over.

I can't believe you made that comparison.

So you carry but hope you never need it? I hope those rights are still there too if you ever need them. Quit paying attention to them and not letting the Govt know we won't let go of them easily and they will not be there when you do need them. As I said before. THEY decided to raise the bar. If it costs me some time to prove a point I will spend the time.

it was a stretch of an analogy i'll admit. I guess as a new parent and a young family there are certain things I do not have the freedom to do. Fighting the gov't is one of them. I'm not saying i will just lie down and take it, but I am glad there are many like you out there willing to lay it on the line.

it was a stretch of an analogy i'll admit. I guess as a new parent and a young family there are certain things I do not have the freedom to do. Fighting the gov't is one of them. I'm not saying i will just lie down and take it, but I am glad there are many like you out there willing to lay it on the line.

I am not judging and by no means some big activist. But I would think the reasons you just stated to NOT do anything would actually be the best reason TO do something

• Like 1

I am not judging and by no means some big activist. But I would think the reasons you just stated to NOT do anything would actually be the best reason TO do something

risking my future by making a stink at a traffic stop is not something i'm going to do. There is very little good going to come of that. suddenly my tail light is busted. suddenly i resisted arrest. suddenly they thought i was reaching for my gun. too much corruption to think the gov't will have my back.

Early may call me a sheeple or whatever and that's fine. I'm still armed to my teeth and not giving up my guns. the traffic stop search is not on my list of worries when i consider my freedoms. besides, Early knows I can't waste my time at the stop because I need to fertilize my plots and check my cams.

Edited by Belo

risking my future by making a stink at a traffic stop is not something i'm going to do. There is very little good going to come of that. suddenly my tail light is busted. suddenly i resisted arrest. suddenly they thought i was reaching for my gun. too much corruption to think the gov't will have my back.

Early may call me a sheeple or whatever and that's fine. I'm still armed to my teeth and not giving up my guns. the traffic stop search is not on my list of worries when i consider my freedoms. besides, Early knows I can't waste my time at the stop because I need to fertilize my plots and check my cams.

Fair enough. Everyone needs to determine what is important and be able to look themselves in the mirror and their children in the eyes and be at peace that they did all they could do

Does anyone else hear... "Me, me, me?"

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Former NY-er here, wondering about State Troopers & DEC stopping traffic during deer season; was stopped a couple years ago at a "check point," & considered troopers behavior just short of harassment - Fourth Amendment be damned!

Years ago they would have a deer check at the bridges and on Rt 17. Haven't seen any of this in years. I had a deer hanging at camp on state land and a dec officer came in and checked. He was straight and to the point. I had something missing on the tag, he told me it should be filled in which I did and he was on his way. The last time I transported deer home to long island was back in 2008, that is what we looked like. Pulled into a gas station at Windsor and had two troopers pull in right next to us. They didn't even look at the deer or tags.

post-156-0-17642900-1383846947_thumb.jpg

Years ago they would have a deer check at the bridges and on Rt 17. Haven't seen any of this in years. I had a deer hanging at camp on state land and a dec officer came in and checked. He was straight and to the point. I had something missing on the tag, he told me it should be filled in which I did and he was on his way. The last time I transported deer home to long island was back in 2008, that is what we looked like. Pulled into a gas station at Windsor and had two troopers pull in right next to us. They didn't even look at the deer or tags.

I would bet most Troopers, sheriffs and Local LEO's don't know the majority of the game laws.

• Like 1

maybe when i was younger and single I'd get thrown in jail for my rights too shawn. Maybe some day if a woman finds you somewhat bearable to live with and start a family you'll change your mind too.

Big ASSumptions there Belo.

Thrown in jail for standing up for your rights? We're not talking about resisting arrest or beating an officer here.

As to my family situation, you sure are arrogant. How do you know how many women I have living with me and my offspring situation? If you want to play that game, I can, because I have. Just ask Larry.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Er.. back to the original topic, back when I used to intern with the DEC we would do voluntary deer check points, we'd collect a tooth and ask a few questions about the harvest. I dunno if they still do them in this area, as my last experience doing this was over 10 years ago now, but if you are not in a hurry and see a voluntary check, the information collected there does go right to the biologists for learning more about the deer. I was only physically present to help one time (admittedly because I hated missing deer hunting days) but it was very polite and no one searched vehicles.

I've never been stopped before, personally.

The last time we were pulled over was in 1971 by DEC in the town of Stoney Creek. My uncle had a house and 120 acres we hunted as we left his house we had to pass the DEC in town. But the funny thing was my friend has a 1967 corvette, where do they think we could be hiding a deer?

i cant recall ever seeing a check station since maybe 2000 or 2001?? i remember going through one when i shot my 14 point in 98. i havnt gone through a check station in over 10 years easy

admit it, you just used that as a chance to tell us you got  a 14 pointer....... :biggrin: 

• Like 3