New opinion on blood or friend

Hock3y24

He said blood trail ran out, I'm going to help in the morning but I thought this picture he sent me was promising. Said shot was a little forward

As everyone else has said, tough to know what the bloodtrail will be like, based on one spot/pic. Good luck though. Hate leaving them lay overnight, because of the damned coyotes.

Shot one with 12gauge at 30 yds, flipped over, blood everywhere for about 1000 yds.  Alot of grizzlie wintergreen and 8 hours of searching with 3 guys, nothing.  30-30 at 30 yds, a few drops of blood and some hair, it ran a 100 ft.  You just need to go out and look with friends.  Best of luck!

Can't wait till the 16th no more tracking!

I've had deer double lunged as well as liver exits with 12ga slugs run 100 + yds...I don't like to waste meat with shoulder shots, but if they are inside 20 I shoot for the neck in order to drop them.

Blood tracking is part of hunting.

Edited by Meat Manager

blood looks like a leg hit or brisket even

Found a bit of white hair about 100 yards away w blood

That breast plate at the very edge of the ribs is some real tough bone. A couple inches higher, and this deer would have been heart shot, but sure sounds like the sternum was hit instead.

Keep at it.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/...LightingSystems

Found about 5-6 solid pools of blood no spray, sport look like she tried to rip out arrow, thinking this is muscle only

I agree that all signs point to low...still keep at it as long as possible, try concentric circles from last blood or fur.

Also with 2 people I do one person on all fours looking for blood from last blood and looking down all potential trails and the other person doing big sweeping circles around last blood looking for sign on trails that come from the last blood. 

This way both the slow approach can confirm exact trail heading, and the guy doing big circles can find sign sometimes jumping 20 30 yds ahead.

Edited by Meat Manager

I hope you find it.  But I'd plan on not.   Mark the last spot where you have blood and mark the suspected/known direction of travel.  Go and get yourself a Coleman Gas Lantern and return at dusk.  The Coleman make blood shine like under a black light.   Extra gas and mantles are recommended. The mantles break very easily if the lantern smacks a tree or something.

Good luck.

Any luck ? White hair prob means brisket shot.... from what I have seen, they bleed a lot but unless they try and lay down or find water within 100yrds or so its most likely not a fatal shot. Odd that u haven't found the arrow though. What kind of angle was the deer when he shot ?

One other thing to keep in mind while tracking is where is the deer going and what is it doing? I hit one low last year in the brisket area. He bolted then settled down and sort of was on a regular routine walk. Visited a scrape went up and down a hill. All times leaving enough blood to track. It finally stopped when he reached the bedding area. Never found him but never gave up until blood ran out.