10 am the day before opener...

growalot

The neighbor is out back blasting away with his shot gun....really??? lives where he hunts...retired...and waits until the morning before....That enlightens me as to why I get the ...I hit a deer can I trail on you...later....can't find it...At least once and some times twice a season during gun...or I just find them in my streams...So sad it makes me laugh....

Edited by growalot

Right on that!...to be honest we run down behind him...and I won't hunt there the first week..it's not only him now but the little woman too...going in before lights not bad...but then I have to get back out.....and he has his stand 12yrds off the line in the pines facing us another is right on the guys line who owns  between us and facing us....ppl below have complained to me.... they've heard slugs whistling through their yard and deer dropping dead ...Ya and that's why I'm afraid to go there.....Good bow hunting when I'm in good shape...this year it was a pass...would never have been able to get a deer out if I had to track...fun times in an area of all hunters ..lol

Boy I remember the past when opening day was on a Monday and my brother and I would go up to my uncles place in Delaware County in the late 90's. 

He had a small property and we used to all go out on Saturday and Sunday before the opener and trample all over the property stinking it up cutting branches down (sat on the ground back then) and sighted in our rifles.  

Never even saw anything back then.  If you saw a flag of a tail running away during a season it was a good year.  No bow  hunting back then just 4 or 5 days of gun.    Comical.  Boy have times changed.  Now its hush hush, dirt wafers, coon urine, scent away, play the wind, wash you clothes, shower before u go to the woods. 

Are you seeing more than flags?...

I had the guys laughing at me at camp for my hunting clothes would be freezing when I brought them in from the truck in the morning and when I left before they even woke up to get to my stand...but then I was coming back  with deer...while they froze seeing nothing...I was warm in the camp...but gun and clothes still in truck for the afternoon...now Mr B. puts his clothes on a hanger out side...he see's a lot more deer than before...

Got to give my hunting pants a wash or I will be using my dog's scent as cover scent.

I am locked out of my closest public hunting land until Monday and of course I've got to work all week.

I am hoping to get in at at another piece of public land this weekend but have to compete for a spot with the early am bird hunters - a few start up at first light with their bird dogs making limited spots available for deer hunting.  May have to try another location - one that I have not had time to scout at all.

Working 10-18 hour days for two weeks has left me with little prep time.

If I was off today, I could out there sighting in and packing gear.

• Like 1