Powerbelts

Suilleabhain

I skipped reading most of this so, I am sure I am being redundant, but I love my powerbelts.  Not sure all the hate in here for them.

I will gladly take a picture of the one I save from my last deer.  PEFECT mushroom.  Dropped a 200+ pound deer (the buck in my avatar) in its tracks.  Also shot a 300 lb + mule deer at 200 yards and he went about 50 yards.  Have shot 2 other whitetail also.

I shoot a .50 cal TC Omega and a 245 grain powerbelt with 150 grains of powder (recommended magnum load by TC).

Edited by beachpeaz

Can't say I've ever liked the real-world performance other than paper shooting them.

I hunted with them for a few year and came away disappointed like most here.

I've had better luck with darn near another other option out there. Hornady SST, Harvesters, Barnes, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize it's a sample of 1 but Thursday I shot a 7pt with a drop tine using a 295gr Powerbelt over 100gr of IMR White Hots and he only went 40'.  He was quartering towards at about 100yds.  The bullet went through the front edge of his left shoulder, through the lungs and I found it under the hide midway back on the right side.  It did lose a lot of weight and didn't exit, but I've had the same happen with my .30-06 at that distance too.