Lee & Tiffany.. how do they do it?

JFB

But I'm saying that I don't think they own many farms or equipment, etc.  On the topic of hunting celebrities, not sure anyone tops Duck Dynasty.

Duck Dynasty recently just signed a new deal with A&E for $200,000 per episode for 7 episodes.  But that $200,000 is divided amongst 9 adults and 11 kids.  That deal is over 4 times their previous deal and this is A&E.  A much bigger network than the Outdoorsman Channel.

The real money is merchandising.  Duck Dynasty pulled in $44 million last year off of their products and merchandising.  I doubt any other hunting celebrity can come any where close to that.

I know the farm attached to their house is 350 acres or so. Certainly not big, but I believe their other farms are not directly tied to their names. I do know they own/manage 6k acres, which does include athlete and musician owned land within their immediate vicinity.

Duck Dynasty recently just signed a new deal with A&E for $200,000 per episode for 7 episodes.  But that $200,000 is divided amongst 9 adults and 11 kids.  That deal is over 4 times their previous deal and this is A&E.  A much bigger network than the Outdoorsman Channel.

The real money is merchandising.  Duck Dynasty pulled in $44 million last year off of their products and merchandising.  I doubt any other hunting celebrity can come any where close to that.

And, don't forget they're a crossover - not just hunting entertainment.

New Holland is one of their sponsors. They were with John Deere before that. I remember a press release about the switch. That tells me that they are trading or getting a discount on the equipment.

Hey, their living one hell of a dream....I would enjoy a life like this. One thing that gets me sore is when he has Wildgame Innovations send a case of trail cameras to him. Then he opens that big box on the show and starts prepping cameras for the woods. Just find it slightly insensitive to average Joe hunter that scrapes cash together to buy 1 or 2 cameras from season to season. Now, your going to open a new case in front of me?

http://thecrush.tv/gear-and-sponsors

New Holland is one of their sponsors. They were with John Deere before that. I remember a press release about the switch. That tells me that they are trading or getting a discount on the equipment.

Hey, their living one hell of a dream....I would enjoy a life like this. One thing that gets me sore is when he has Wildgame Innovations send a case of trail cameras to him. Then he opens that big box on the show and starts prepping cameras for the woods. Just find it slightly insensitive to average Joe hunter that scrapes cash together to buy 1 or 2 cameras from season to season. Now, your going to open a new case in front of me?

http://thecrush.tv/gear-and-sponsors

They certainly went for the buck on those cams. WGI is part of a big umbrella company, but their cams suck compared to others they could have put their name on, albeit for less money.

• Like 1

When I see them come to the Catskills, sit in a cold tree stand with a camera man whispering to each other , and shoot a big buck after openin g day, then I will be impressed  :bye:

I'm sorry, but working your way up the food chain the hard way and reaping what they sow is way better than trying to win over the favor of Catskill Hunter.

I'm sorry, but working your way up the food chain the hard way and reaping what they sow is way better than trying to win over the favor of Catskill Hunter.

There are a few shows where the hunters are hunting public land and working their tails off to kill animals.  The fact that these two are the big hunting celebrities makes me scratch my head and wonder why.  They can only hunt on their farm, in a stand or blind where a monster buck walks by a few times every day.  Put them out on a DIY public land hunt and they wouldn't stand a chance.

And before anyone accuses me of being jealous, I'd like to admit that I am.  

• Like 2

There are a few shows where the hunters are hunting public land and working their tails off to kill animals.  The fact that these two are the big hunting celebrities makes me scratch my head and wonder why.  They can only hunt on their farm, in a stand or blind where a monster buck walks by a few times every day.  Put them out on a DIY public land hunt and they wouldn't stand a chance.

And before anyone accuses me of being jealous, I'd like to admit that I am.  

That's the thing though - they worked to get to where they are. They weren't born into it. Merely a couple with a dream and they put one foot in front of the other and reached their dream. Very few people can say that in life. Very few.

If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it.

I wouldn't leave ground zero either for deer hunting in the continental U.S. SE Iowa is about as good as it gets.

When I see them come to the Catskills, sit in a cold tree stand with a camera man whispering to each other , and shoot a big buck after opening day, then I will be impressed  :bye:

Exactly , but look at the other side of the coin.

If you had the same hunting opportunities Lee & Tiffany have , you'd shoot monster bucks every year too.

Not sure if I would be in a hurry to get out of bed during deer season , if I were Lee .

We need to make a show combining our camps and hunting on public land NY think it would be on long ???? not...lol

Ours wouldn't be a hunting show but more of a reality TV show.  With Belo, Shawnhu, and Early catfighting to provide all the drama.

• Like 3

That's the thing though - they worked to get to where they are. They weren't born into it. Merely a couple with a dream and they put one foot in front of the other and reached their dream. Very few people can say that in life. Very few.

If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it.

I wouldn't leave ground zero either for deer hunting in the continental U.S. SE Iowa is about as good as it gets.

That's true.  They are doing something right and they earned it.  The show just doesn't interest me.  

• Like 1

I doubt hunting for weeks and only seeing the occasional spike horn would make good TV.  :biggrin:

I hunt public land and saw a bunch of bucks this season. Heck, in just one of my stands I saw two 8 points, 2 sixes, a 5, a 4 and a spike this year! A public land hunting show could be done but its much easier for these guys to go to a game farm and shoot a "sure thing". And as far as how much money they make, I know for sure that a certain broadhead company paid a celebrity $40K for one year to shoot their broadheads! Imagine what Mathews pays these guys!

I believe that anyone who wants to spend every waking hour working at deer hunting and wants to devote huge amounts of their personal resources toward deer management (farming), can in fact, become very successful at harvesting very impressive animals. It's not a real trick and really doesn't require a whole lot of talent ...... just raw effort and unusual dedication. The rest of us do have lives separate from hunting, and a bit more balance in our lives.

To me, that would be the quickest way to turn something that I love into a complete drudge of pressure and work. I would never be willing to do that to my favorite pastime. For me, hunting has always ben recreation .... not work. It is not my career, and that fact alone allows me to enjoy it to its fullest.

• Like 4

They certainly went for the buck on those cams. WGI is part of a big umbrella company, but their cams suck compared to others they could have put their name on, albeit for less money.

True that, the cameras are crap and it is sad that they took the big payout to endorse them. I personally avoid buying anything made by Wildgame Innovations.

Back to Lee and Tiff...they scraped together just enough to make the move to Iowa...and start chasing big bucks. Having a cute wife bow hunting & videoing hunts with you helped too. I think it is what got Bill Jordan's attention....they started out under the Realtree umbrella.

True that, the cameras are crap and it is sad that they took the big payout to endorse them. I personally avoid buying anything made by Wildgame Innovations.

Yep, crappy cams, but what do they care? They get them for free lol. Id be willing to bet their prime cam locations have other brands hanging in them. Its a pretty common practice from what I have heard (people that have sponsorships but really use other products when they can get away with it). Can you really blame them? I bet you would take the pay day if it really came down to it. I would lol.

I believe that anyone who wants to spend every waking hour working at deer hunting and wants to devote huge amounts of their personal resources toward deer management (farming), can in fact, become very successful at harvesting very impressive animals. It's not a real trick and really doesn't require a whole lot of talent ...... just raw effort and unusual dedication. The rest of us do have lives separate from hunting, and a bit more balance in our lives.

To me, that would be the quickest way to turn something that I love into a complete drudge of pressure and work. I would never be willing to do that to my favorite pastime. For me, hunting has always ben recreation .... not work. It is not my career, and that fact alone allows me to enjoy it to its fullest.

You nailed that one. I know in my case the farming(Deer)part of it came from the love of the animal. The name..Four Seasons..came from me chasing these things in one way or another 24/7. I was and always will be a deer hunter first. Then a farmer. The crazy money that can be made being around an animal you love is tops but there is a downfall when it comes to hunting. There is a different mindset when it comes time to harvest. They are so wrapped up in it on a daily basis that im sure its a job with huge fringe benefits. Click heals with all the country stars and rich folks. I would also bet if you sat down with Lee and asked him he would tell you he loves most of it but hunting has turned into a job!  A job i for one would love but im sure its not for everyone.Unless every job came with a Tiff....

• Like 1