Lee & Tiffany.. how do they do it?

JFB

I heard it was unethical and didn't convey what hunters do in a good way.  probably why it got cancelled.

Actually it was more of a comedy depiction of hunting that took place in the middle of a very heavily populated  set of neighborhoods. It definitely did not show hunting as most of us experience it, but did show the huge problem of excess deer population in urban/suburban areas. My opinion is that they did offer up a lot of statistics and arguments favorable to hunting. But the area being hunted in created some rather bizarre problems for the "hunters". I have a hard time calling it unethical given the weird places they were trying to hunt. Simple things like blood-trailing an arrowed deer through the back yards (and occasionally front yards) kind of created some sticky situations with neighbors.

It's not a show that I miss because it really looked like some rather unpleasant hunting, and had nothing in common with any kind of hunting that I do. In fact even in spite of the attempted humor, it got very boring, very quickly, and I believe that is why it only lasted 1 season.

Lee has a Masters degree in Chemistry. I'm sure he does consulting in that field in addition to farming and deer related stuff. Tiffany was Miss Iowa {endorsements important contacts.} This years Miss Kansas is a bowhunter and was not permitted to shoot her bow during the pageant. They lease or own over 6,000 acres. That's roughly 10 square miles of which 90% is tillable ground. Just the yield from that much acreage planted in corn @ 225 bushels per acre is phenomenal. There is a lot of Iowa farm land that is for sale via Sheriff sales and foreclosures. I placed an offer on 58 acres of wooded crik bottom property in SW Iowa. Bill Jordan came along and offered 10% above the asking price and snatched it up to add to his land holding in the area. Iowa issues free tags to celebrities to hunt Iowa. They are called Governor tags. I waited 3 years to get a tag and some smuck that never set foot in Iowa get's a free $250 tag with a phone call. Deer hunting in Iowa is being pimped out big time. I have a friend there who has 1,800 acres I can hunt, assuming I get a tag.