Will you Quit?

Four Season Whitetail's

I'm not for an AR, but if it passes I'll follow it and hope others do too. One buck a year I am against as well. I would hate to take a 8pt buck in bow season (one I'm happy with taking) then have to pass up a monster I see later in the season. It's not my hunting style, I'd like the added meat to the freezer and not have all that stress of watching a bruiser walk under my stand while I know I can't take a shot. You can count me out to waste my time, effort, and gas money to go to the DECs show n tell to check in my deer. That's where I draw the line.

Well, here's a thought. Supposing a guy gets a buck during bow season. Is he likely to pass on gun season completely because he has no chance of getting a gun buck? Might he not harvest does that might have otherwise been taken during his gun season had he been lured out there with a possibility of taking a buck? I don't know, I'm just posing questions of potential unintended consequences of a one buck rule. personally I am in favor of it, but it does raise a few questions.

back in the day, you only had one tag, it was either sex during archery and buck only during the regular season and if you were lucky you got a party permit that was shared between 2-3 guys, I don't think that stopped anyone from hunting.........maybe a lot of guys have gotten spoiled by the multiple tags that have been given out in the past years.

Edited by jjb4900

I am not a fan of the one buck rule. As a general rule I shoot 1 buck a year anyway and then wait for bullwinkle. ..Rarely does BW come by, so most years I only shoot 1 buck anyway.lol... Especially up here with no dmps

. I would like to see better /increased penalties for not following the existing rules. I think this alone in many areas would make a difference.

Maybe 1 buck tag and an additional AR buck tag 4 point/side or better?

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 1