Extra strap in climbing vest

turkeyfeathers

Well color me stupid. Learned the other day that the extra web strap that came with the vest is more than a drag. It's designed that if you fall out that you use it to support some weight away from restricting circulation getting cut off from your legs in your hang. You create loop and stand in it. 

Dicks just had the slow decent things in some nasty old beat up boxes for 20 bucks , they had about 8 of them left.  It beats dangling.

I bought one of the slow decent harness's a couple years ago for over $130 . Opened the package but never used it . It's probably great for someone who uses a climber but I didn't think it is necessary for a 15' ladder stand . It eliminates hanging 20 feet in the air from a strap if you cannot reach your stand . 

$20 is a super awesome price if we are talking the same Harness .

I bought one of the slow decent harness's a couple years ago for over $130 . Opened the package but never used it . It's probably great for someone who uses a climber but I didn't think it is necessary for a 15' ladder stand . It eliminates hanging 20 feet in the air from a strap if you cannot reach your stand . 

$20 is a super awesome price if we are talking the same Harness .

This wasn't an actual harness , it was supposed to be used with a harness . It was a self contained unit that straps to the tree and then the harness lead connects to it . I was going through the receipts from xmas shopping and the price was 30 not 20 , the tag on the box was originally marked 70. Still a good deal i thought .

• Like 1