NYSRPA reporting fees for ammo background checks

from what I hear, NYC has had gun laws in affect for years that make the SAFE Act look like not much of a change to what they currently have to deal with.

I didn't mean any reference to gun laws. The fact is that area is a democratic strong hold and out numbers the rest of the state. That accounts for the poll numbers.

• Like 1

what about the trap and skeet shooters,looks like they want to price us out of business,watch the price of powder,primers shot and bullets go thru the roof

In case it is escaping anyone's attention, the desired end result of these creeps is the total elimination of legally owned firearms of any sort. It doesn't matter what guns you use or how you use them, no one is escaping the attention of these gun-grabbing antis. Probably their most effective technique is the divide and conquer tactics. You know how it works .... "Oh it's only pistols, they will never come for our long-guns"...... "Oh, it's only those nasty assault rifles. I don't have any of those". As long as we are in a fragmented state and only worried about our own little part of the pie, they will continue to have their successes. So if the trap and skeet shooters think that no one is worrying about their little niche in the world of gun ownership, think again. And yes they too will be swept up in some of this anti-gun frenzy, and maybe they will recognize it or maybe they won't. But this campaign of legal harassment and elimination through cost will eventually hit all owners of guns.

• Like 3

I didn't mean any reference to gun laws. The fact is that area is a democratic strong hold and out numbers the rest of the state. That accounts for the poll numbers.

they may have higher numbers but they do not vote anymore than we do.  There are estimated 6 million gun owners in NY Cuomo won election with 4 million votes total.  If we get everyone out to vote, they do not own us.  

• Like 2

nope but if you purchase large quantities or often they will want to know why

so you're saying they can deny you the sale if you don't have a good reason for buying frequently or in bulk, or are you saying they will come after you to find out why if you raise a red flag for frequent or large purchases?

Edited by jjb4900

It all depends on how the system is designed. If the amount of ammo is included in the back ground check (which Im sure it will be) then you can bet they will begin to control the amount you buy, by delaying or denying the purchase just like firearms background checks are delayed and denied.

Joe Smith bought a case of trap loads (250 rounds) four days ago and now he wants another case? DELAYED.

Gun owners need to wake up and and send these little self serving dictators packing.

This morning a heard a report on the radio that said that so far 59 people have been arrested for having more than 7 rounds in their magazines. The very next report was that two food delivery guys were shot and robbed by some inner city S!#T stains in Syracuse. Anyone with half a brain knows that this SAFE ACT is nothing but a big political joke.

so you're saying they can deny you the sale if you don't have a good reason for buying frequently or in bulk, or are you saying they will come after you to find out why if you raise a red flag for frequent or large purchases?

I haven't seen anything in the law about denying a purchase based on quantity purchased. But if fact they really haven't said what they will do with the info. I would expect a "visit" if they felt you were massing a stockpile they feel is unjustified. Sad thing is they have no idea what people can actually use in a session at the Range.. My daughter and I went through 250 rounds in about 2 hours there with the pistols and rifles.

It all depends on how the system is designed. If the amount of ammo is included in the back ground check (which Im sure it will be) then you can bet they will begin to control the amount you buy, by delaying or denying the purchase just like firearms background checks are delayed and denied.

Joe Smith bought a case of trap loads (250 rounds) four days ago and now he wants another case? DELAYED.

Gun owners need to wake up and and send these little self serving dictators packing.

This morning a heard a report on the radio that said that so far 59 people have been arrested for having more than 7 rounds in their magazines. The very next report was that two food delivery guys were shot and robbed by some inner city S!#T stains in Syracuse. Anyone with half a brain knows that this SAFE ACT is nothing but a big political joke.

I tell you what, these people who are being charged under the new law, are the same criminals who would have been arrested without it............I read a report in my local paper yesterday about all the arrests under the new law, I had to laugh because these people are all just criminals anyway who could give two sh**ts less about any law.....only difference is now they're being charged with a higher level of crime with hopefully a stiffer penalty............... wow,what a novel idea.

There is no provision to delay your ammo purchases. You can buy as much as you want (with the background check), just be assured that you can be charged with the crime of "stockpiling" as defined in the NY SAFE law. Of course they don't define what qualifies as a stockpile. A nice loophole for law enforcement to visit you anytime they feel warranted. 

What paragraph was the stockpiling charge in?

I tell you what, these people who are being charged under the new law, are the same criminals who would have been arrested without it............I read a report in my local paper yesterday about all the arrests under the new law, I had to laugh because these people are all just criminals anyway who could give two sh**ts less about any law.....only difference is now they're being charged with a higher level of crime with hopefully a stiffer penalty............... wow,what a novel idea.

Good point. When I first hear the numbers I just assumed that the people charged were non criminals who somehow got caught (road blocks, traffic stops …..)with extra rounds in their mags. Of course repeat offender criminals won't obey the SAFE ACT. Thats what makes it such a joke.  LIL King Andy is still laughing at us.

NY is going to create a huge black market for ammo, and ammo smugglers.  People will buy ammo in bulk in other states at low prices, then sell it privately to friends and others in NY, making a good profit in the process.  NY will simply loose a lot on sales taxes on ammo.

Just like booze during Prohibition and drugs today. 

I re-read it last night. I was looking for info on just that. Personal transfer of ammo from one person to another. They certainly aren't too clear on whether you would be considered a seller at that point.

I have run into it several times, you are shooting like sporting clays and decide to run another round. Give a buddy a box of shells.