VIDEO: Bowhunting Bownanza!!!

TheFieldArcher

• 3 weeks later...

BS  Anybody  can sit in a treestand over bait and kill deer. Get out of the trees and do not use bait and take deer the way a true hunter hunts.

I know that you are hunting NJ and it is legal to use bait, but come on please you are not the worlds greatest hunter.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

BS  Anybody  can sit in a treestand over bait and kill deer. Get out of the trees and do not use bait and take deer the way a true hunter hunts.

I know that you are hunting NJ and it is legal to use bait, but come on please you are not the worlds greatest hunter.

Baiting in NJ has only become legal recently... had no problems before it was legal taking deer... with that said, there are towns in NJ where the deer population is out of control and the towns are opening up parks to hunters and are issuing special permits to reduce deer/car collisions and residents are complaining because expensive landscaping is being destroyed. So I am in a local town program that screens hunters and you have to take a number of deer to stay in the program, permits are limited and they give hunters a quota because they want the hunter to reduce the numbers and not just take a spot and trophy hunt... so, I am in this program, I bait and reduce the numbers and last year I donated 8 deer to Hunters Helping The Hungry, sounds like a win for the township residents and those in need had healthy venison at the food banks... is that really about being the greatest hunter? I just happen to bring a camera and I am having a great time with my hobby! 

I am not going to back to all your videos that you have posted. If i am not mistaken you have not baited in all, is that right?

I think it's great that you donate the meat.  I am sure there would be many many New Yorkers would bait if it was allowed.

I am not going to back to all your videos that you have posted. If i am not mistaken you have not baited in all, is that right?

I think it's great that you donate the meat.  I am sure there would be many many New Yorkers would bait if it was allowed.

Thanks Paula, yes, the ground hunts in this video are not over bait... before bait and trail cams, you scouted and saw where the deer came into the clover fields... really, were you seeing where they came to the bait field? I used to hunt an apple tree at one of my spots before baiting was legal... was that the bait tree? Or was it hunting?

Today with trail cams, who needs bait? All a corn pile on a deer trail does is stop the deer for the perfect shot scenario, kinda like that deer in the clover field when it puts it's head down broadside, it's makes for a quick ethical kill!

My sons first buck, not over bait... bet some verticle bow guys would say... man, with a crossbow??? But if it was a rifle or shotgun, that would be okay! Hunters just need to take a deep breath and be happy we are one against those that want to take away hunting PERIOD!

No food bait in this hunt... but the doe bleat and grunt call was baiting?