Odd Racks...Post Them Up

letinmfly

2013 muzzleloader buck

droptine_zps221dec1c.jpg

Have pics of this guy for 4 years and he got bigger (more points) each one.  I shot at him with my recurve in 2009 but he jumped the string and that was the last year I saw him.

ICAM0138.jpg

Edited by covert

Had to take a picture of a photo.... The right side is a crab claw that is bent over the head,and that is a tall brow tine above it,hard to see from this pic. This hunt was snow on ground but raining,I did not tighten down the platform of my Lone Wolf climber correctly and it started to collapse on me as I climbed! I got stuck could not go,up,or down. After much effort I made it down now sweating like mad calling myself names...

Redid stand climbed back up,it's now light and I'm soaked in sweat . He walks in to ten yards and I shoot him with low recoil slugs ( first and last time ). He acted like nothing happened I watched him run off and stand there like nothing happened. Took a long shot aimed to high spined him. Had to drag him,my gun and stand through drifts 3 feet deep a long way, a hunt I'll never forget...

post-253-0-33660900-1390363823_thumb.jpg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

The first a antlered doe I shot a year ago;

unimount2_zps6c7fd4f9.jpg

The second is the heaviest and oldest buck to date. Shot with a bow in 93. Was 5.5 and dressed out at 186 pounds. When butchering it was found one of his back rear legs had a lot of scar tissue and looked like he was a victim of a car hit earlier in life. the dagger is 16 inches long for reference.

93b2_zps255c6af1.jpg

93b1_zpsedb5a2f2.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hypothetically, how would you score a buck like that?

Good question!! Even though it looks like a common base it is actually still scored as two separate antlers because there are still two pedicles... first base circumference measurement would be taken were the antlers first split. Certainly not an easy rack to score and would most likely have to be panel scored so that you could get a consensus about what is what.

• Like 1