DIY field point target

Nice target there... I got board the other day and decided to do a DIY target in my basement. Made from great stuff foam and cardboard. I had so many boxes left over from the move and got creative. Been slinging arrows twice a day 10 arrows a clip for the last few nights. Stops em good and I shoot both my Mathews in em fine. I'll shoot this one then go buy a block black.

When he said it would take 5 55 gallon bags of close to fill one up I thought he was mistaken,nope he is right on the money!! I do some work with a company that has a ton of scrap linen all the time and got all the filling for mine from them before it went into the dumpster.

After shooting the Machinist's target he made. I had to have one for myself. Put this together yesterday. Going to add wheels to it so I can move it in and out easier.attachicon.gif20140205_161859.jpg

Your target is more forgiving on the arrows then the first one in the post, I would move it away from that that white tank,S**t happins.

Lurking,Why is his more forgiving than mine?Going to be filled with the same materials.

Rick. I think he's talking about the block sitting on the floor next to it. Yes. The block targets suck! Total waste of money! As far as the LP tank. That will be moved when I shoot. That's my heat source for the back room where I do all my setup and tuning.

It is more forgiving to the arrows ,because there are 4 bullseyes not just 1.After you destroy enough arrows by shooting groups like that, you learn not to shoot at one spot.A target the size of yours, 6 to 8 EA.3'' dia. circles could fit with ease.    

M30

If you dont mind me asking what speed are your bows and what arrows are you using on targets like this?

I ask because i purchased a big green brand archery target and my arrows would be buried 3 inches from the fletching. They rated their target for 350fps. I called them they sent me a new and improved target for free. Kudos to them on their customer service. The new block works well but am always looking for multiple targets to shoot at.

I am shooting a hoyt with easton axis arrows(very thin) probably in the high 200 fps range but definitely under 300fps.