Range time...

josephmrtn

Spent some quality time w my bow at the range sat... $8 per hr to use the gander mtn range... and I was the only guy there... didn't get around to paper tuning yet but I got my new rest mounted an shot my new arrows ;)

I did have bulls eyes too but I didnt take pics :) sorry lol

Oh btw I shot out to 20 yrds

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

post-2634-13915345960942_thumb.jpg

post-2634-13915346211584_thumb.jpg

post-2634-13915346404698_thumb.jpg

post-2634-13915346696371_thumb.jpg

post-2634-13915346973184_thumb.jpg

post-2634-13915347132238_thumb.jpg

oh yea good shooting keep at it.  you can French tune with only 20 yards or so for your center shot.  for paper tuning a pro shooter Tim Gillingham has told me to paper tune at 5, 15, and 30 feet.  I've figured out that you may get slight tears in paper (under 1/2") just because the arrow shafted hasn't settled yet.  between doing all that stuff you should be able to get that thing pounding that X when you shoot right.

Looks good Joe. Didn't you have a range in your cellar? I remember you posting some pictures.

Yea I do but its only 10 yrd max and I needed a few things anyhow so I figured i'd do some work on my bow and shoot while i was there... Plus a real range is more fun lol

Farm boy like yourself, you should have a barn to shoot in. I shoot in mine all winter, up to ~50 yards.

Well I do... But I have a crowd of 5 puppies to deal w :) I think I might try it tommorow... Today I discovered my vanes were just lightly hitting on exit... Turned the nocks a tad an it works great

• 2 weeks later...