Out with the old, in with the new....R 700 VTR 308

......AAAAUUUUUUGH ..!!....

I would actually prefer to go with a 40mm-ish objective, but they dont offer that size in the power i am looking for.

I have some fields that are very long, and i want to use this rifle to whack chucks way out there. 500+ yards. I need a high power scope for that stuff.

7.5 without the bipod.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my mom told me that every day. im not sure why.....

Lmao

Don't worry WNY. When we hunt next to guys with classical wooden stocks it makes us look like middle aged men with a mid-life crisis but it makes them look like grumpy old men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Are you gonna swap out the factory stock for something beefier that will allow the barrel to free float ?

Interested to see what kind of accuracy you get out of the VTR barrel.  The past few years, I've set-up a .308 & 22-250 both using the SPS Varmint barrel as my base... really wanted to use the VTR but most reviews I read said it wasn't as accurate as the 26" on the SPS-V. 

Looking to upgrade the glass on the 22-250, the Vortex is looking like a good option. 

Not right now, but at some point it will probably get a McMillan stock or something along those lines. Ive read some very good reviews on the VTR, most of the so so reviews seemed to involve factory loads. Ill be loading my own.

The 26" barrel should give a bit more speed, as this one is basically a 20" barrel. I wanted something with less weight to carry. My SPSV had the 26 and i hated taking it out hunting where i had to walk a distance because it was too heavy.

Don't worry WNY. When we hunt next to guys with classical wooden stocks it makes us look like middle aged men with a mid-life crisis but it makes them look like grumpy old men. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But wait a minute, Elmo...

I AM a grumpy old man...No argument there...<< grin>>...OOPS...I mean ...<<FROWN>>....

• Like 2

they shoot pretty well but boy does the porting/muzzle brake make them loud.  bring your ear plugs.  the triangular barrel doesn't drift a shot string much but it will throw lots of fliers if the load doesn't go with the rifle.  they're tack drivers though if you're not old and stubborn to get around the look.

they shoot pretty well but boy does the porting/muzzle brake make them loud.  bring your ear plugs.  the triangular barrel doesn't drift a shot string much but it will throw lots of fliers if the load doesn't go with the rifle.  they're tack drivers though if you're not old and stubborn to get around the look.

Are you calling me OLD and STUBBORN, db....???...

Well.....Okay....You're right...   Just checking...<<smile>>...