Great News

Tinlodge

Forget that! You want a real challenge, take your bow out during gun season. That's where you really get the challenge....lol.

done that on many occasions... hardest time to hunt is the best time with a gun.  opening weekend the deer are running around so much it's hard to get a good buck to stop or slow down enough to release an arrow. lol  once things settle down after the first week it isn't too bad.

I know plenty of gun owners that will vote for him. They hate Republicans that much! Pretty sad actually.

curious. They hate them over what issues and where are they from?

yea really?  I know a lot of gun only hunters on both sides and they all wouldn't vote for Cuomo if they were bought, let alone with their free will.

Edited by dbHunterNY

Glad to see them in at least part of the archery season. Have a few older friends and a few younger with shoulder problems(work and age related) who have always been bow hunters be able to get back out to camp and enjoy the hunt. For those of you the follow the hype how much more powerful a crossbow is than a bow and how much further than can shoot, simple math shows the extreme drop off in a bolt vs an arrow. Due to power stroke and weight and velocity. You still have to get close to get a deer with bow or crossbow. On the bbright side think of all the people watching deer get close enough for a shot,learning more about the game they pursue and the possibility of more voluntary qdm happening because of it.

• Like 2

Not going to derail the thread but did you ask him if he read it?

He read it. Trust me, he's a very highly educated man! 4 years at SU. And he's just one of many that I know like this. I cant be the only one who knows gun owners who will vote for Cuomo, they're probably more prevalent than you think. That's why he'll win re-election with no problem!

Edited by Arrow Flinger

Take his guns away then. he doesn't deserve them. NO gun owners I know are pro safe act or pro Cuomo.

Unfortunately, most dems are not just a one issue voter. They wont vote against him just because of the safe act and he has already promised them the world trying to buy everyones vote. And wouldn't taking his guns away because he don't agree with you be the same thing you are against? Think about it.

Edited by Arrow Flinger

Unfortunately, most dems are not just a one issue voter. They wont vote against him just because of the safe act and he has already promised them the world trying to buy everyones vote. And wouldn't taking his guns away because he don't agree with you be the same thing you are against? Think about it.

That was kind of my point. His pro Cuomo vote is doing just that to is but he can't see it

He read it. Trust me, he's a very highly educated man! 4 years at SU. And he's just one of many that I know like this. I cant be the only one who knows gun owners who will vote for Cuomo, they're probably more prevalent than you think. That's why he'll win re-election with no problem!

And if he really read it and believes it doesn't impact him they he should probably ask for a refund from SU

Stupendous! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course this Is all speculation until it appears in an official regulations book Biz...or is at least officially announced in some way by our superiors.

Edited by wooly
  • Like 1

Well I have been hunting PA's crossbow/bow season for years and wont have the fun of buying a new X-Bow now that they will be legal here in my home state of NY, already have 2.

But for you guys who are now in the market for that new crossbow I can say one thing. Get an Excalibur, they are the absolute most accurate, most reliable, simplest, easy to maintain, crossbows out there.

Easy to cock with a string cocking device(strongly recommended) easy to un cock with that same device, Easy to restring with an inexpensive limb compressor string(all available from Excal). I just cant say enough about the company and their crossbows.

Wish NY "managed" more like Ohio... 

At least in Ohio where there are xbows, there are NOT ALSO multiple buck tags; gun seasons covering the peak of rut; too many doe tags handed out until a WMU has low numbers; and an actual GOAL from DEC to have bucks live a whopping 1.5yrs. Whats next, a license rebate for someone shooting fawns? Spotlighting? Special 'Cuomo bombs' that Cuomo gives out for free that you lob into bedding areas? 

I can just see my neighbors already... taking running shots at deer with their cocked xbows because it's easy walking and "it's legal"... 

• Like 1

For those of you the follow the hype how much more powerful a crossbow is than a bow and how much further than can shoot, simple math shows the extreme drop off in a bolt vs an arrow. Due to power stroke and weight and velocity. You still have to get close to get a deer with bow or crossbow.

Simple math indeed

Belo... just wait for it... "yeah but there are guys that can shoot a compound bow a 100 yards too..." 

Yeah, they are probably called olympian marksmen and they sure don't rest their compound on a shooting rail with a scope. 

I just wish xbow hunters would admit it's easier hunting, quick to learn to shoot and many people lobbying for it wanted it because of it's ease. 

Well I have been hunting PA's crossbow/bow season for years and wont have the fun of buying a new X-Bow now that they will be legal here in my home state of NY, already have 2.

But for you guys who are now in the market for that new crossbow I can say one thing. Get an Excalibur, they are the absolute most accurate, most reliable, simplest, easy to maintain, crossbows out there.

Easy to cock with a string cocking device(strongly recommended) easy to un cock with that same device, Easy to restring with an inexpensive limb compressor string(all available from Excal). I just cant say enough about the company and their crossbows.

I agree. I've had an Excalibur Vortex since 2011 and love it. My Dad got the ibex last year.

Amazon customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Belo... just wait for it... "yeah but there are guys that can shoot a compound bow a 100 yards too..."

Yeah, they are probably called olympian marksmen and they sure don't rest their compound on a shooting rail with a scope.

I just wish xbow hunters would admit it's easier hunting, quick to learn to shoot and many people lobbying for it wanted it because of it's ease.

Too little too late. Guess you have a choice if you don't like it

• Like 1