bow hunters vs other hunters

stubby68

Sogaard how many deer are dropped dead in there tracks with a bow? a lot less then with a gun I bet.                                                                                                                                  

Of course...who is arguing that?  I said:

So much stupidity packed into one line.  That was as far as I got before deciding you're a troll and/or a terrible bow hunter.

In response to:

A Bow gives you 100% chance of tracking no matter how good your shot.Now the deer is running with stick in it bleeding and suffering and mabey get lost.

Last deer I put an arrow through (not sticking out, through), dropped in 20 yards (double lung).  Saying anything is "100% chance" just undermines your credibility completely.

Great point G-man. It is much easier to get new participants into hunting with a gun that a bow. If you are self starting without anyone to show you the learning curve is mush higher with a bow. bigger and longer learning curve equals more frustration.

Learned to shoot on my own late in life. PITA, learned to hunt on my own, HUGE PITA, raising my kids on it. They love spending time with daddy and think its all cool.

Livin in the city family and friends thought it was cool. But when i try to introduce them to it its like they are scared of gettin in trouble.

My sister wont even let me take my nephew out to the range. She said she dont want him takin it to school. At first she was cool with it but now thats what i hear.

Im afraid hunting will one day be a thing of the past.

If it is ridiculous then why did I get any attention at all?You could have just ignored instead you guys start right in degrading and discrediting.I never said thye were older deer oldest deer I have in the pics is 3 1/2 most are 1 1/2 .nice antler size doesnt mean old deer .                                                                                                                                                      Doc bow hunters started calling themselfs elite,bow hunters are the ones who cry shorten gun season make it all bow season.It is bow hunters who complain that gun hunters are all brown and down trigger drunks.Bow hunters cry about anything the dec trys to to to help our sport as a whole.If it doesnt futher a bow hunting agenda then you guys are against.Tell me how cross bows or a 2 day youth hunt hurts your hunting when you have 6 weeks.By the way I have nothing against bow hunting at all as I said I use to bow hunt.I loved being out that time of year still do just dont carry bow anymore.I stopped when mor and more people started getting into bow hunting and all the crying started.                                                                                                                                                                                                              Gun hunters wouldnt mind cross bow dureing gub season you can already use a muzzle loader,rifle.bow,pistol,and shotgun during regular gun season and gun hunters have no prob with it.If dec wants to take 2 days from gun season for a youth hunt then gun hunters would say great,not all but most.                                                                                  Oh and bow hunters are the ones who yell antler restriction are needed or a one buck limit,or that are not any big bucks.When ask a bow hunter why ar he says it will help heard ask how he says it will make bigger racks.Then the gun hunter will say trophy hunting.Bow hunter will say no.Out of all the pics I posted the oldest is 3 1/2 3 are 2 1/2 and the rest are 1 1/2.Aged by dec biolgest.The oldest is the one with garfield on it the shoulder mount is only 2 1/2 .If we listen to bow hunters these are all but ony too young to shoot and ar will only let you shot older bucks.Not many guys on here would have let any of them walk.Also back when most of these bucks were gotten it was common to see and shoot bucks of this size.It wasnt special to see deer like this it is now bow hunters will tell you they dont see bucks like this because gun hunters shoot them all when they are yearlings.Just because a gun hunter shoots a spike or 3 point doesnt mean it is a young deer nor do 12 points mean old deer.I have noticed that with the rise in popullarty of bow hunting we have seen a decline in deer and nice bucks and a rise in crying.Again I am not against bow hunting just the atitude of todays bow hunter.If I or any other gun hunter[and for the record I am not a gun hunter I am a hunter period] are wrong in the way think about bow hunters then why not try to change the way we think? Not one bow hunter in here has tried to change my thinking.I made a statement and said why I thought that way.I expected to have people trying to change my thinking.Not one bow hunter has tried to do that.If I am uneducated and informed then why not try to educate and inform me.Nope the first thing a bow hunter does is degrade  and discredit anyone who thinks differently then they do.We are all hunters and there are a holes who carry all weapons we should come together as a whole sport not fight as bow hunter and gun hunter.As you can see by how all this went some hunters seem to want the devide.I made a statement and have been attacked from the start .Why not just descuse it and try to change peoples minds 

Ugggg....my brain hurts after reading this! Cant you get spell check or something?

• Like 1

How about taking her to the range so she knows what it is all about? Is she worried he will talk about it?

Probably, we grew up in the city and its been beaten to death that guns are bad and guns do bad things. I lost that mentality spendin time in kentucky and colorado. Brought her around to it from her seing me doing the outdoor thing and gettin serious with archery.

Nephew loves it. And she has 3 boys comin up that i want to spend more time with. Brought another of my nephews a bow but he lives in maryland.

Will definitly invite her to see my son shoot at archery but she stuck him in boyscouts. So gonna have to work that out.

Its just down here people seem to think all weapons are bad. Even at work people raised an eybrow or two when i started.

Its crazy

Probably, we grew up in the city and its been beaten to death that guns are bad and guns do bad things. I lost that mentality spendin time in kentucky and colorado. Brought her around to it from her seing me doing the outdoor thing and gettin serious with archery.

Nephew loves it. And she has 3 boys comin up that i want to spend more time with. Brought another of my nephews a bow but he lives in maryland.

Will definitly invite her to see my son shoot at archery but she stuck him in boyscouts. So gonna have to work that out.

Its just down here people seem to think all weapons are bad. Even at work people raised an eybrow or two when i started.

Its crazy

Nothing wrong with Boy Scouts. That may be the perfect in since there is a marksmanship and archery merit badge. After all she singed him up. Lol

• Like 1

Well just checked some topics for crossbow hunting.Some bow hunters are doing the same thing over there that they did here . If a person does not agree with them or says something against them he is attacked and called stupid and ignorant.Ye t so many on here said bow hunters do not do that. Who knew? Oh wait I did. They are over there talking about crossbow hunting they way I did bow hunting yet it's ok for them and wrong for anyone else.                                                               Intelligence squared is still intelligence ignorance squared is humanity  

• Like 2

anyone else.                                                               Intelligence squared is still intelligence ignorance squared is humanity  

it goes both ways. why the big space? did you intentionally hold down the tab or space bar? And also... What?

anyone else.                                                               Intelligence squared is still intelligence ignorance squared is humanity  

it goes both ways. why the big space? did you intentionally hold down the tab or space bar? And also... What?

Wolly sarcasm noted.  Belo don't know what happened with the spaces .  I was saying that as humans we are  all ignorant and that can over time be changed  but that intelligence will always remain intelligence and something we all strive  for.      I see the space thing  still  happening