Crossbows in NY!!!

TheFieldArcher

If I see a dramatic license sale increase because of this I will be the first one to say I was wrong

Most likely you will see a dramatic re-distribution of gun hunters now entering bow season in large numbers, and the crossbow proponents pointing at the swelling numbers in bow season and saying, "see .... see .... look at all the hunters we have added". I am all ready to be listening to that......lol.

• Like 1

Are you personally introducing newbies to the sport "stick flipper"?

Take all the shots you wish at me, but the guys that actually make a difference can see right through you, and I believe once again, you are missing the target when you took a pop at me.

I wasn't even replying to you in my first post on this topic, so you really need to quit taking things so damn personally.... unless of course your conscious wont allow you to do that.

Get over you freakin' self already. Guys like you are no good for anything more than the dramatic entertainment they bring around here. I know you'll have no problem finding a following with that approach, but hell.... even your own brother left you hanging,lol

Are you personally introducing newbies to the sport "stick flipper"?

Take all the shots you wish at me, but the guys that actually make a difference can see right through you, and I believe once again, you are missing the target when you took a pop at me.

I wasn't even replying to you in my first post on this topic, so you really need to quit taking things so damn personally.... unless of course your conscious wont allow you to do that.

Get over you freakin' self already. Guys like you are no good for anything more than the dramatic entertainment they bring around here. I know you'll have no problem finding a following with that approach, but hell.... even your own brother left you hanging,lol

You're just an idiot! Why do you keep referring to my brother? You got a hard on for him? Maybe he was right about you guys. You need to get back in the closet!

You already claimed that 80% of us were donkeys, so who the frig do you think is gonna take you seriously anymore now that he's left,LMAO!

Donkeys? Where did you get that? The ones that take me seriously are the ones that PM me here and on other sites and tell me how sick they are of you and your good ol boy network you have here! Why do you think the same 10 guys are the only ones posting here anymore?  You're just pissed because I posted evidence to prove I'm right. Unless you think things will be different in NY than they are in MI & PA? LOL!

Page 4, post #75..

Hold on, I know of another you came right out and called 90% of us "donkeys".. I'll dig it up for you if you'd like?

Your a joke to many of us....yeah, we've had the same conversation about you through PM's cupcake,!

Again LMAO!

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/22184-its-official/page-4

Wow....I see comprehension still isn't your strong suit. I didn't call anyone a donkey there. Its no wonder you're always taking shots at me, you don't even know what I'm talking about you illiterate moron! I'll tell you what.....you and the rest of the good ol' boy network can go back to your circle jerk about my brother and just put me on your ignore list. What a friggin idiot!

I was wrong....... you called us all "d-bags".

If that's how you really feel, who's the real "tool" now"?

FYI he's my little brother you ****. I have a mind of my own. Just because we happen to agree that the majority on this site are a bunch of D-Bags (you included) don't mean squat. I'm sure many think that way!

Edited by wooly

I'm indifferent to the crossbow debate, but it seems a stretch to imagine that legions of non-hunters were waiting in the wings for the day cross-bows became legal in order to get them into hunting. A shotgun is less expensive also. Cost is  a big factor when talking about new folk getting into hunting I would imagine. People usually move into the more expensive modalities once they know they enjoy hunting and want to try a new approach. Lord knows I put a lot more time, effort and money into Bow hunting vs what I needed to do for shotgun.

Thank You. At least someone gets what I'm saying. Now get ready for the good ol boys to start taking shots at you :bye:

Tool!

You must be a lonely miserable little man!

LOL...little man.

You're just an idiot!

You need to get back in the closet!

What a friggin idiot!

You're one of those wee little men

you moron

now when this guy debates a topic he sure knows how to show his true class. Priceless!

• Like 2

now when this guy debates a topic he sure knows how to show his true class. Priceless!

Man.....you guys just cant deal with it when you're proven wrong can you? You got your X Bows in Archery season. Now you gotta tell everyone what they should think about it and tell us whats gonna happen as a result? No matter how many shots you wanna take at me, it wont change the fact that it will not recruit a noticeable difference in new hunters! Now go have another one of the good ol boys come on here and bash me. I'm a big boy...I can take it. I wont run away like Wooly!

• Like 1

Tool!

You must be a lonely miserable little man!

LOL...little man.

You're just an idiot!

You need to get back in the closet!

What a friggin idiot!

You're one of those wee little men

you moron

yep, the need to toss out insult after insult sure proves how right you are.

Priceless! 

Today is the last day of firearm deer season and license sales are about 40,000 short of last year.

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources reports that 1,567,557 deer licenses have been sold as of yesterday, compared to 1,604,027 deer licenses sold last year.

Before the two-week firearm seasonstarted, about 1,081,877 deer licenses had been sold.

Muzzleloader and late archery deer hunting season (just in southern Michigan) continues through December with more sales expected.

"Hard to say at this point if we will exceed what we sold last year," said DNR spokeswoman Mary Dettloff. "Remember that last year, we had a huge push to sell doe permits in West Michigan at a deep discount to try to thin the herd there because of (chronic wasting disease) concerns."

The state's DNR estimates deer hunters contribute $1 billion annually to Michigan’s economy, spending money for gas, food, ammunition, licenses and other necessities for their sport.

This year, new crossbow hunting regulations allow more people the option of using the weapon. Previously, crossbow hunting was limited to persons with certain disabilities.

"Crossbows definitely helped create more opportunity for hunters," Dettloff said. "We dispensed more than 450,00 crossbow stamps this year. The stamps were free, but had to be used in conjunction with a valid hunting license."

Deer license sales by year:

* 2004    1,706,953

* 2005    1,566,336

* 2006    1,549,207

* 2007    1,544,043

* 2008    1,604,027

* 2009    1,567,557 - as of Sunday