Finally! Flippin Onondaga County is the worst!!

Well 16 plus months later I have my pistol permit. What a bunch of hooey that was! Still got restricted employment /sportsman but it is a start. Now to take my Utah/Florida course and be good to go in 35 or so states!

Does anyone know if the restrictions just apply to my county, Onondaga? Or all?

Edited by Fletch

I deal with a lot of security, money and such for a nationwide company. Thing is I am upper management and on call 24-7 so I am always working! I asked at the sheriffs when I picked it up what the parameters were pertaining to that and they said it was up to interpretation! What the eck that mean!! lol

So I can use sportsman- hunting , hiking, camping...

Employment- when working....

Edited by Fletch

Congrats Fletch. I am still waiting to hear back on mine but a much shorter wait period. When I picked up the paperwork, the wait was 8 months, so I just waited and turned it in on March 7th this year. They told me 2 months and I will hear back. 20 more days and then I will be calling. I've been looking into a PA non resident too. Glad you finally got it.

Well at least you got it so Congrats. I have heard that Onondaga Co. took for ever and very few carry permits were given out. I never understood how one man (the judge) can decide who can carry and who can't. Clean record, background check passed…..What the hell?

Doc, I believe it depends what county you live in. In Schuyler County it only took me 8 weeks back in 2012, and my wife did her's in 2013 and took a total of 9 weeks. Schuyler County also issues concealed carry which be both received, and they also give you a coupon so you can take the pistol with you the day you buy it, you have 10 days after buying it to add it too your permit with the county clerk.

Wow I must have been lucky. I picked up my paperwork in may of 2013. Guy gave me an appt to bring it back at 8 am on June 3rd 2013. My permit was approved on Fri Aug 2nd and I picked it up the following Tuesday.

Was that Onondaga Co.?

Doc, I believe it depends what county you live in. In Schuyler County it only took me 8 weeks back in 2012, and my wife did her's in 2013 and took a total of 9 weeks. Schuyler County also issues concealed carry which be both received, and they also give you a coupon so you can take the pistol with you the day you buy it, you have 10 days after buying it to add it too your permit with the county clerk.

Even 8 or 9 weeks is way more than it should take. I mean it's not like they have to build something or ship anything. It is simple clerical work, and I really can't believe that they have a constant daily flow of these permits. They are simply dragging their feet ....... because they can. It's harassment, plain and simple, and I am sure that is exactly how it has always been intended.

What kind of pistol are you looking at now that you can pick them up in a store?

Oh I had one picked out already! Down south I played around in a lot of gun shops. I got a Glock 19 4th Gen for my base gun. Not big, not small, love the feel and dependable as all heck. And 9mm ammo is the most affordable out there in pistol rounds.

Edited by Fletch

NIce choice with the Glock. I have my .22 for plinking picked out already and haven't decided on a larger caliber yet. Just waiting to hear back and not soon enough. I agree on the so many choices. I have watched so many reviews on you tube it isn't funny anymore.