Stoeger Shotguns

My friend has a 3500 and puts it through hell duck hunting every year.He has owned Franchi,Remington,Winchester and a few others and this is the one he says that can stand up to him.I borrowed it for turkey season but my old pump patterned better and the grip swell is to big for my liking,other than that I like them.

They're just.. OK…..IMHO. CZ makes a real good 3" semi for around 500 bucks…model 912 I think. 

I have no experience with CZ shotguns.

However, I own a CZ  centerfire rifle and have a couple friends who own them.

They are very well made and scary accurate.

If the shotguns are similar I would not be afraid to buy one.

My buddy has shot the m3000 for the last ten years and it's been a great gun for him. Good price and they shoot true.

Been considering a condor O/U used so guess I'm lurking.

I owned a condor for a few years as an upland gun and loved it! Can't beat the swing on those things for those quick moving bunnies

I have no experience with CZ shotguns.

However, I own a CZ  centerfire rifle and have a couple friends who own them.

They are very well made and scary accurate.

If the shotguns are similar I would not be afraid to buy one.

A guy I know, went to a CZ outdoor seminar about a year ago. Basically he got to shoot different CZ's all day. They shot a CZ 912 for about five hours straight, Put cases of shells through it without a single hiccup. The only problem they had was that eventually the mag tube got pretty dirty, from  unburnt powder, making it hard to load.

Edited by ants

I owned a condor for a few years as an upland gun and loved it! Can't beat the swing on those things for those quick moving bunnies

Thanks for the review. I'm looking at an original condor made in Brazil not the new model. It barely had any use, near mint, guy wants 3 bills transfer included. Any opinions?

Thanks for the review. I'm looking at an original condor made in Brazil not the new model. It barely had any use, near mint, guy wants 3 bills transfer included. Any opinions?

Not a bad deal, I have one in 20g and paid $300 at Gander a few years back used. Stoegers are cheap guns, fit and finish is ok but not great. Mine loosened up quick.

If you can, remove the stock and look at the inner workings, mine needed a hammer spring replacement and needed cleaning but other than that its a good, cheap, beater gun. I find it dosen't hang as nice as my Franchi so I don't use it much.

I'm sure the semi's would be about the same as far as quality ect.

Edited by Doewhacker

• 2 weeks later...

stopped in to Dick's sporting goods and looked at the Stoeger, didn't really like the feel of it.....then I looked at a Benelli Super Black Eagle, looks like I'm going to spend a bit more than I anticipated, just gotta unload a few guns I never use to cover the cost.

Edited by jjb4900

I have an uplander 410, the stock cracked and is coming apart after about 100 shots.

Just the opposite here, I have an Uplander 12 gauge, GREAT beater SXS, shoots great, swings nice, shoots either 2 3/4" or 3" shells, and you can change chokes if needed. I've used it for small game and deer (buckshot), toying with the idea of taking it goose or turkey hunting to see what else I can do with it.