I think I'm ready... LOL

Grizz1219

Took the T/C Pro Hunter out to test the 338 barrel again before Africa... First round is the one on the right.. second round the one on the left... Went from that to 200 yards shooting pieces of skeet for rounds 3 and 4... Wife watching says "I think you are ready".. LOL

readyforafrica_zps0832c3be.jpg

• Like 1

I've got a Nikon with the BDC... Aim dead on at a 100 and the rings underneath are set ranges matching bullet and scope magnification... I try to set them up so each erring is roughly 100 yard increments...  With the 30-06 set up back in 2012, I took this Gemsbok at 309 yards... I really like the scope set up....

gemsbok12.jpg

Is it true that New Mexico now has a hunting season for free range Oryx?

They have had that season for quite a few years, Biz...

Of course it is a draw... Tags are easier to draw if you apply for a non-typical tag, which usually means an animal with a point broken off..

• Like 1

Nice!!! How big???? Looks like a bull..... heavy bases... I wanted a bull myself... Cows are longer horned but I love the thick bases...

Upper 30's, but honest didn't tape him and forgot to look on my license what was recorded. Seen 2 or 3 cows over tha magic 40" mark.

180gr TBBC from a 30-06......LOL, usually I'm shooting more gun, but chose something for some little guys that didn't make too much mess. It was perfect for what I needed.

IMG_3119_zps38b98d1f.jpg

Took a second gratis management bull as PH needed Leopard baits for upcoming hunt.

IMG_3141_zps445f71b7.jpg

Gemsbok is awesome table fare; I'd do that NM hunt just for the meat.

Fun hunting and tough animals that need good shooting.