What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

breakfast for dinner. Disappointing 

I love breakfast for dinner!  However that does look below standard for you.  

I was working construction once and we worked through and missed lunch.  Lunch was pretty important then.  I said to another contractor that we missed lunch.  He said "Don't worry buddy, Lunch will come around again tomorrow"  Didn't help much but I laughed at least.

• Like 1

Venison Chipolte Chili

Me: Are these things hot?

Wife: No, but they have a great smoky flavor.

Me: OK, in they go!

....later on....

Me:  OMFG!!!!  My mouth is on fire!

Only then did I get this critical information via Google: " a little bit goes a long way.  Start with small amounts and add more to taste.  Or, use the sauce from the can instead, which has the same great flavor, but much less heat. The first time I used these peppers, the recipe  called for one pepper for the whole pot.  That didn’t see like very much so I threw 2 or 3 in there, and it was SO hot. I couldn’t even swallow it."

And I put the whole freaking can in!  6 or 8 of those suckers.. Still, I'm on my third bowl.. I'll pay later..

Chili.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OldNewbie said:

Venison Chipolte Chili

Me: Are these things hot?

Wife: No, but they have a great smoky flavor.

Me: OK, in they go!

....later on....

Me:  OMFG!!!!  My mouth is on fire!

Only then did I get this critical information via Google: " a little bit goes a long way.  Start with small amounts and add more to taste.  Or, use the sauce from the can instead, which has the same great flavor, but much less heat. The first time I used these peppers, the recipe  called for one pepper for the whole pot.  That didn’t see like very much so I threw 2 or 3 in there, and it was SO hot. I couldn’t even swallow it."

And I put the whole freaking can in!  6 or 8 of those suckers.. Still, I'm on my third bowl.. I'll pay later..

Chili.JPG

My suggestion would be to put the TP in the freezer tonight :pleasantry:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

After having authentic Indian food at a friends a few weeks ago we were craving some more butter chicken and naan a7d9027a26ac5189d802ab29e3d658e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Zem18 said:

When my kids were younger, I changed diapers that color. Sorry, just sayin

To reply to both, curry usually makes that color. It is a little disturbing on the color compared to what Zem said though, it does look like............. But, curry is essential to many dishes from Thai, India, and far more countries.

Wanted something different, the g/f isn't a fan, but I like a Cornish game hen once in a while. So I roasted up two tonight. Side of tossed salad for the g/f, for me I used up the rest of the French and Italian bread combo I used on Turkey day to make some stuffing, and some wax beans. Never took a pic of the plated food. I was hungry!

hens.jpg

Whats up? I watch this thread and see very little green veggies...or any veggies really..You guys don't like them? I have a rule in meal planning ...meat/protein, green, yellow and a starch Potatoe/rice/pasta...The only thing I will ommit on occasion is the yellow...Wish I had the other day...my finger won't be hurting right now..lol

• Like 1