What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

4 hours ago, First-light said:

It was really good. I have to learn to thicken the sauce and then add it to the meat. I have been dumping the meat right back into the sauce. Last night I probably had a bit too much sauce for the amount of meat I had. It was still great! A wonderful way to use your roasts!

I'm going to make this verbatim this week. Do you think more corn starch to thicken the sauce? Or maybe less bbq sauce ? Wife and daughter like the sounds of this, as do I

31 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I'm going to make this verbatim this week. Do you think more corn starch to thicken the sauce? Or maybe less bbq sauce ? Wife and daughter like the sounds of this, as do I

about a teaspoon of corn starch mixed in cold water at the very end, add more if needed. I do it all the time for sauces and gravy and it doesn't effect the flavor.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Rob , how were the wings ? Better than the Bills game I hope. Stew looks good and nice call on the biscuits.  Ever use juniper berries in the stew ? We do and it adds a good flavor 

Wings came out great. The Dave's gives them a bit of a slow after burn, not really lip numbing ( I was very moderate with the Dave's for this batch ), but a slight sweat from the heat.

As for the stew, just a good old fashioned hearty stew with our own blend of spices. After looking at the pic, I did realize she forgot the corn. So that just went in a few minutes ago. When it comes to stews, soups, and chili, we keep it simple. Might give the junipers a try over the winter though. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

Smoked some ribs. 3-2-1 style. First time and fall off the bone tender and tasty. Ranch beans for a side imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160913%2Fbba8627a8a11a01834a6184514ba6a77.jpg&key=b02463fbd34c5a5a9a45eaec9791f2ef3e38f47f04b1b8e9fc0081ddffd845a8imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160913%2Fd1742d9526ecec426d5284e97b6f8022.jpg&key=9bfa63847c7785a02d24ebd3a6fc15181424ab819d75b0a7dc5c697a61e4b6a6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. What is 3-2-1 style? I always see ribs in the grocery store but not sure how to cook the without a smoker. I have a propane grill and of course a stove/oven inside kitchen.

Dry rubbed and smoked for 3 hours 

2 hours in foil with a little apple cider 

1 hour foil off and basted with BBQ sauce. 

I've heard good things about doing them in the crockpot too  

And with all your pool parties  You absolutely need a smoker ! It's so easy to use  Myself and others on here can easily walk you thru some of the basics  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Looks good. What is 3-2-1 style? I always see ribs in the grocery store but not sure how to cook the without a smoker. I have a propane grill and of course a stove/oven inside kitchen.

Oven: 200 degrees for 4-5 hours.

Gas Grill: Cut the rack in half, gook over med for 15-20 minutes. then turn off one side and cook low and slow until done. Usually 4-5 hours.

Oven & Grill: In the oven at 200 for 3 hours, and hour on the grill on the side with no heat.

Camp Coals ( have plenty of cold beer for this one as it's work ) : Get a really good pile of coals, slow cook the ribs over coals about 13-16 inches over the coals. Feed the coals with wood when needed ( add smoking chips if desired ) and rotate ( not flip ) the ribs every 30 minutes for about 5-6 hours, add sauce, let cook for another 40 minutes or until done, add more sauce and let them rest for 20 minutes. Smoked and grilled are good, but thee are the best IMO.

Edited by ....rob

Dry rubbed and smoked for 3 hours 

2 hours in foil with a little apple cider 

1 hour foil off and basted with BBQ sauce. 

I've heard good things about doing them in the crockpot too  

And with all your pool parties  You absolutely need a smoker ! It's so easy to use  Myself and others on here can easily walk you thru some of the basics  

Oven: 200 degrees for 4-5 hours.

Gas Grill: Cut the rack in half, gook over med for 15-20 minutes. then turn off one side and cook low and slow until done. Usually 4-5 hours.

Oven & Grill: In the oven at 200 for 3 hours, and hour on the grill on the side with no heat.

Camp Coals ( have plenty of cold beer for this one as it's work ) : Get a really good pile of coals, slow cook the ribs over coals about 13-16 inches over the coals. Feed the coals with wood when needed ( add smoking chips if desired ) and rotate ( not flip ) the ribs every 30 minutes for about 5-6 hours, add sauce, let cook for another 40 minutes or until done, add more sauce and let them rest for 20 minutes. Smoked and grilled are good, but thee are the best IMO.

Thanks guys. Not sure I have the patience for 4-5 hours but maybe someday.

Iceland looks cool. Lots of hot girls?

I'm with my girl, but yes to answer your question lots of toe heads here everyone is either super blonde or really dark brown hair there is little in between. Beautiful country, it's awesome here! Got a nice reindeer skin and awesome lamb skin rug for the apartment

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2