Camo

rotorooter23

I've had the UA Ayton hoodie jacket for about 5-6 years. Great jacket for bow hunting, until the snow falls, wind is whipping and temps get into 20s. At least for me, by then my bow is in storage. No complaints other than $$. FYI - Like most UA clothing, sizing tends to be on the snug-fit side. I typically wear a LT jacket, but usually have to opt for the XL. In late bow season with layered clothing underneath, it gets to be a snug-fit. So I'm suggesting not to buy w/o trying one on for sizing purposes. Not made or advertised as scent-free outerwear, but if you do your due dilligence with washing & storage - it is fine! Would I recommend it, sure. But..lots of other great camo clothing at budget prices available.

• Like 2

I have the UA Ridge Reaper gear. It is scent control clothing.  Its a bit pricey but i like how it fits, its tailored more for bowhunting and its comfortable.  Like stated above I wouldnt wear it for very cold temps if i was going to be sitting all day.  I think its perfect for WNY archery season temps with just a layer of thermals underneath.

I have several different sets of camo I use throughout the fall.  I usually start all of them with UA base layers (1.0-3.0) with the exception of the hot days in early fall.  I have a really nice set of pants and jacket from Gander (Beartooth series I believe) that is 100% waterproof, quiet, windproof, and offers a lot of flexibility.  When paired with the appropriate base layer it is warm in temps from 10-40 degrees.  I would recommend this pair to anyone.  This is my primary camo and this combo would probably work for most of the season if you added additional layering.  I actually wore it a once with the heavier bottoms (3.0) and a UA fleece hoodie while ice fishing this past winter and it kept me pretty warm.  For the really, really cold days when I plan on sitting for 5-6 hours I have a set of Cabelas pants and parka that does the job.  I don't have any of the UA cold weather parkas or pants so I can't say how they perform.  I can say that I am pleased with the rest of the hunting apparel I have from them, boots, gloves, balaclava (warmest one I've ever used), hats, and socks.  Hope this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use UA base layers but for my actual pants and coat I use Scentblocker, Triple threat specifically. When I was searching for some good camo two years ago, the UA stuff just wasn't warm enough for me. The Scentblocker wind blocker and rain blocker technology is AWESOME. It's the first hunting clothing I've owned that is truly waterproof and wind proof and if you can cut the wind you'll feel a lot warmer right from the start.

Read that post on how deer see first...personally I don't worry about the whole scent block clothes thing...I do wash them for no scent ...but I change diet a bit and start bathing in scent eliminating soaps at least a week before season....they work and how I know?...well even a clean person gives of a scent...I get so use to not having one for 3 months...it drives me crazy for a month after I stop using the scent away body wash and go back to my Oil of Olay...

• Like 1

What size are you? Somebody has a pair of ridge reaper bibs on AT right now for 125. Great deal i believe they are a large.

John

Thanks for looking out! I have already ordered the scent blocker matrix suit for half the price off of pine mountain store on ebay for $200. Couldn't pass it up

• 1 month later...

Thanks for looking out! I have already ordered the scent blocker matrix suit for half the price off of pine mountain store on ebay for $200. Couldn't pass it up

I just did the exact same thing two nights ago.  Waiting for it to show up Thursday.  As far as I can tell, the only difference between this year's for $400 and last year's for $200 is the way the wrists tighten.  A piece of velcro is not worth $200 to me.  

• Like 1

Read that post on how deer see first...personally I don't worry about the whole scent block clothes thing...I do wash them for no scent ...but I change diet a bit and start bathing in scent eliminating soaps at least a week before season....they work and how I know?...well even a clean person gives of a scent...I get so use to not having one for 3 months...it drives me crazy for a month after I stop using the scent away body wash and go back to my Oil of Olay...

X2,I do not own any sent blocker clothing,Wash every thing in un scented soap all year long including myself. Sorry ladies but I cannot stand the smell of perfume it gives me a headache.Just sprinkle a little baking soda in the parts that sweat,that will keep the odor down.