easy shower for camping/hunting

Red

I wad looking for a quick easy way to make a shower at camp this hunting season I've looked at the camping shower bag but I just found this and thought it was a pretty neat idea and was wondering if anyone here has tried this before? Watch "Camp Shower from Five Gallon Bucket" on YouTube

Camp Shower from Five Gallon Bucket:

I have not tried this method of cleaning. I have taken a soap free scrub in the brook, river, or lake before. I also have used the field wipe method, but prefer heating up 1 gallon of water and mixing with 1 gallon of cold water to dump over my head to rinse off after soaping. Very creative idea though, I might try this.

We showered with a set up just like that for years at the camp. We hoisted it up in the air next to the outhouse and stood on a pallet. We had a rope and pulley left setup , just fill it and yank it up, water runs into the crapper house pit.

I used a sun shower for years.  I think we could get at least two shower out of 5gal.  (guys, NOT girls B) )

I'm not sure where my latest one is, could be in the basement or at a friends. 

Edited by Lawdwaz

I was.thinking about running a garden hose from the spicket and running it up a tree about 6 feet up with a shower head on it but then there won't be any way to make it warm. Next year I should have my bathroom completed well before hunting season. My 27 foot travel trailer has a shower in it and a hot water tank attached but that's pretty much for when my wife and kids come out during the summer I don't want me and the guys to end up trading that on them

Yea I have electric I was thinking about getting a small.electric water tank but it will.only be for this hunting.season I'm going to gut my cabin next spring a put in all.New plumbing and fix some of the electric lines.

Fasteddie for sine reason I was thinking those shower bags were only 2_3 gallons which is why I was leaving forward the bucket.idea but that link it's a 5 gallon bag I think I'm gonna order one or two of those for this year thank you

Its in franklinville. I'm putting a new roof on next month then next spring I can start do do some of the interior work it needs a lot of work done to it

Edited by Red

At camp we have a generator.  I buried a culvert pipe in the spring with an inlet and outlet.  The pipe fills with water.  There is piping form there to a pump.  From the pump it goes to a 150 gallon storage tank we have up near the roof.  It gravity feeds from there to the 30 gallon propane water heater on the second floor.  From there to the first floor to the shower and kitchen and bathroom sinks.  The waste water goes into my sewer system  When the generator is on we flip the switch and fill the storage tank.  Not the greatest pressure but excellent for a shower and dishes.  

http://www.basspro.com/Eccotemp-L5-Portable-Tankless-Water-Heater/product/10227476/?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&om_mmc=shopping_googleproductextensions&kpid=10227476%26adc=pg_315_11126_5282bc6ce4b006f67e9550a9_48242840551

We have this at camp. Best $130 you will ever spend. If your water supply gets below 50 degrees it is challenged to get it hot. Supply is only limited by the propane supply. We run ours off a 20# tank.

At camp we have a generator.  I buried a culvert pipe in the spring with an inlet and outlet.  The pipe fills with water.  There is piping form there to a pump.  From the pump it goes to a 150 gallon storage tank we have up near the roof.  It gravity feeds from there to the 30 gallon propane water heater on the second floor.  From there to the first floor to the shower and kitchen and bathroom sinks.  The waste water goes into my sewer system  When the generator is on we flip the switch and fill the storage tank.  Not the greatest pressure but excellent for a shower and dishes.  

We use the 12 volt version of this. Might work well for you. It is on demand.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200249074_200249074

Its in franklinville. I'm putting a new roof on next month then next spring I can start do do some of the interior work it needs a lot of work done to it

You got a flag there?

If not I know someone that can hook you up.................!!!!!

• Like 1

Lol I don't have a flag pole up out there yet but I did go up a tree with my climber and hang a pulley and route and a gadsden flag from it. I'm still trying to find a good installer to put a pole up at my place lol