Butcher Knives

That sharpening system runs $60 plus shipping . My oldest son shoots single bevel blades on his home-made footed arrows and those babies are razor sharp . He also does his knives on the system . A double wheel grinding unit with a speed of 3450 rpms is necessary for it and I have one .

Looks like this might be a Christmas present !  ;)

Look up Henkel or Wusthof Knives, instead of spending $70 for a set of crappy knives spend it on one good boning knife and you will be all set, trust me as a kitchen guy who has handled his share of knives.

Just bought a Wusthof Boning knife with leather sheath on EBAY for $17.50 plus $9.99 shipping . I had the winning bid . Saw some with some real high prices so I think I got a deal .

um yea thats a hell of a good price, those things go from $40-$150 a piece..NICE!  I have a Wusthof boning knife, 6" blade and I have had it for over 10 years and have never had an issue with it. Its one of my favorite knives and combine that with your sharpening wheel Santa is going to bring and you are all set! I want one of those sharpening wheels now by the way, it looks like it would be awesome.

Are these knives for cutting deer or kitchen use?

If your butchering Bambi, all you need is a flexible blade boning knife.  I buy mine from the local commercial knife sharping business.  They are the knives that they can no longer rent to restaurants.  $3 apiece and sharpen up easy on my Spyderco sticks.

If they are for daily use in the kitchen, you may want to spend a bit more money for some higher end ones but,  as always YMMV ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If it were me, I would go to a local butcher or two and ask them where they buy their knives and other butchering supplies. I've got a feeling they have worked out what is best a long time ago. They should know, their livelihood depends on it.

• 2 months later...