Midway Has Powder

airedale

Glad to know there is some available;;;

However at the rate  am expending it I probably have a lifetime supply... I have expended six rounds in the last two years..One round each year to confirm  my zero  and one round apiece for four deer...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hueyjazz said:

My kingdom for LR primers

What is that ? Large rifle ? Last time I went to the shop I use , they had small pistol, 44 mag and a bunch of others . I paid little attention as I have no use for them .

I would check Runnings and see what they have. I always have a primary powder and a backup. Like my 444 I use IMR4198 and H4198 is my backup. My 44mag H110 and backup is W296. Primers 444 Rem9 1/2s backup CCI200 or Fed 210s. I never run out of powder or primers.

I reload primarily for WWII military rifles of various nations, so I eat up large rifle primers. 

Pistol rimers haven't been an issue to get for some reason and I've seen small rifle primers available but 223 isn't tough to come by.  209 primers come and go but my only use is muzzleloading. 

But Large rifle primers are in the ether so I would feel more comfort if I knew they exist.

My go to powders:   IMR 4064, 4895 and 3031 but I have dabbled in others.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, Pygmy said:

at the rate  am expending it I probably have a lifetime supply... I have expended six rounds in the last two years..One round each year to confirm  my zero  and one round apiece for four deer...

The gospel at my place is "Thee has to shoot all firearms and shoot them often, practice makes perfect.:D"

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

My concern is if/when I get into reloading how much more time will I need to dedicate to it.

Once you get your equipment and learn a routine not a whole lot of time is consumed. The benefits and satisfaction you will get outweigh and negatives in my opinion, shooting small groups and taking game with ammo you put together yourself is tough to beat. It is a relaxing way to spend time on a crappy winter day, I am looking forward to pulling the handle on my press in the near future.;)

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1