Got a new (old) gun.

This post is dedicated to the members who falsely accuse me of never posting anything hunting/shooting related.

Got this gun two weeks ago.  According to the serial number it's a vintage 1967 Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage caliber.  Bought it for practically nothing.  One of the best deals of my life.  Nearly mint condition.  Scope is only a 4x Tasco but it works.  Finally got to shoot it two days ago and it shoots and functions great.  Ammo for it is currently a little hard to find but I even got a box of ammo in the deal.  I have more than enough guns than I need or could use and I'm not a collector but couldn't resist getting this one.  An American classic hunting rifle if there ever was one for sure!!

20230731_160636.jpg

• Like 10

Very nice,  my dad gave me my granddads 300 savage many years ago . Wife and i were out shooting the rifles Monday actually. I reload for mine so i have a bit of ammo on hand to shoot and enjoy. 

IMG_2709.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, steve863 said:

This post is dedicated to the members who falsely accuse me of never posting anything hunting/shooting related.

Got this gun two weeks ago.  According to the serial number it's a vintage 1967 Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage caliber.  Bought it for practically nothing.  One of the best deals of my life.  Nearly mint condition.  Scope is only a 4x Tasco but it works.  Finally got to shoot it two days ago and it shoots and functions great.  Ammo for it is currently a little hard to find but I even got a box of ammo in the deal.  I have more than enough guns than I need or could use and I'm not a collector but couldn't resist getting this one.  An American classic hunting rifle if there ever was one for sure!!

20230731_160636.jpg

Funny how you were called out and you post a gun thread 9 hours ago but only a few have posted and or given you a like. But the other thread is up to 3 pages now :rolleyes:

Edited by rob-c

4 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Congrats on the new lever gun!

Must be something in the air, I picked up a new rifle as well last weekend. Not vintage but wood and blued for a change.

Um no photos ? Or detail's . 

Edited by rob-c

25 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Funny how you were called out and you post a gun thread 9 hours ago but only a few have posted and or given you a like. But the other thread is up to 3 pages now :rolleyes:

LOL, Oh we've been here long enough to know what the story is around here.  

• Like 2