The Butt Out

airedale

Wolc's favorite tool, I am sold on it too! I do it just a bit different than the videos.  I insert it and give it a twist and then I will take my knife and cut the skin around the Butt Out detaching it from the Deer, Everything comes out super easy.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 6

My son and I have been using one for many years and it is an essential part of our field dressing kits. We have found that once you insert it twist it one and a half times but no more for best results. Then pull steady but slowly without stopping. Though it is obviously over priced for a piece of plastic, it does work very well and will last a lifetime.

• Like 1

The Bird Hunter Hook Knives are used in a similar fashion to remove the innards of both gamebirds and small animals like Squirrels. They are used more frequently in Southern states where is hot during hunting seasons.

Some Bird hunters also like to hang their gamebirds much the same as folks do with beef and venison, they want the innards out when they hang them to age.

I actually collect Bird Hunters knives and have pretty much got everyone's make.

Al

2023-10-04_125720.png

• Like 1

Might be deer repellent. 

I always thought "why?" looking at them. As I've probably mentioned in the past, I thought "why" until the last deer I made a total mess of. Frozen fingers in the dark, crazy wind, blowing snow. A hack job.  So I bought one.

Since then I've shot at four deer in five years, haven't hit one since. (hit various vegetation, saplings, branches, no deer) 

So Im thinking it might be bad luck. ;) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cas said:

Might be deer repellent. 

I always thought "why?" looking at them. As I've probably mentioned in the past, I thought "why" until the last deer I made a total mess of. Frozen fingers in the dark, crazy wind, blowing snow. A hack job.  So I bought one.

Since then I've shot at four deer in five years, haven't hit one since. (hit various vegetation, saplings, branches, no deer) 

So Im thinking it might be bad luck. ;) 

My prediction is that your luck will change BIG time this year!!!  Get that gadget ready!!

I will use it too, on the first deer I get down this year. You guy's have sold me!