Another Question....Yep, I might have a few....

DirtTime

Keep in mind that the products made in China is like products made any where else in that they are made specifically to the buyers (distributing company) request.  It's not like a US company ask China to make the best product possible and then China sends them crap.  If so, why the heck is the US company still doing business with China?  In reality, it's the US company that is approaching China and asking China to make a product at minimal cost so they can turn around and offer it at a discount price.

If the company is a Chinese own company, then I would be concerned.  Customer service will be a hassle due to lack of regulations and simply dealing with a company overseas.  If the company is US owned but has their products manufactured (or imports their products from) in China, then I would not be concerned at all because the US company has their quality control in place.

One of the reasons why I would not buy this bow is that its is actually not Amazon selling the bow.  They are only fulfilling the order.  It is actually ASC Inc who is selling the bow.  If the bow arrives defective, you can't take it up with Amazon (who's customer service is awesome).  You have to take it up with ASC Inc and frankly, I don't know anything about ASC Inc.

• Like 1

When I get ready a new set up will be PSE or Bowtech.

Past bows were a Jennings Gale Force, it was huge and heavy, but pretty accurate. Then a Hoys Raider, think that was the model, that little bow was super accurate, light and easy to shoot. Then a few years later got a Browing Timberwolf, never even got to hunt with that.

As for Havoc, been there twice, once when looking for a bow for this season, they were really helpful, and curtious, also went there on Monday to get nocking points.

As for the "R" word, it was sarcasim, no more no less. I have been burned by Chinese knockoffs a couple times. That's why I try to ask people who might actually know about the product. Wasn't meant to get anyones panties in a bunch, so I appologise.

Off topic...

In reality, it's the US company that is approaching China and asking China to make a product at minimal cost so they can turn around and offer it at a discount price.

I take issue with this statement...use to be that...IMO not any more...it's so the stockholders receive BIGGER dividend checks and CEO's bigger bonuses and salaries...Prices we pay are still in a 100's % mark up on most things.

Edited by growalot

Save up and go with Mission...I'm sure you can find good used ones. I went from my 15yo Hoyt raider to the mission Venture and couldn't be happier...yes expensive new but Mission like all others comes out with a new line up often and "boys" need their new toys or pro guys sell the last years models....Just never buy one unseen IMO, and check carefully for laminate peel, hair line cracks, miss alignments, general wear.

Me personally, when dealing with a deadly weapon that can hurt or kill someone I'd go with a company I can trust and more importantly, a company who's pockets are deep enough to compensate me should something go wrong in order to protect their reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

there's some pretty uneducated remarks in this thread. I don't want to come off as pompous, but until you've worked in supply chain for an international company you have very little knowledge of how all this really works.

I do :) Stuff we make in china is just as good as the stuff we make in italy and the US.  Its how its managed and quality control, pretty simple. 

• Like 2

there's some pretty uneducated remarks in this thread. I don't want to come off as pompous, but until you've worked in supply chain for an international company you have very little knowledge of how all this really works.

May I ask what you mean by this?

I was always a PSE fan, 20+ years ago when I hunted with a bow, I shot a few PSE's, but, they were out of my price range. My very first bow was a Darton. I don't know the model, bought it used from a shop. After about 10 arrows, the string broke. Took it back and the shop gave me back the money and then some seeing I was buying the Gale Force.

The PSE I have now is almost as old. LOL. But, it feels right when I shoot, and it shoots fine with the set up I have. It just feels comfy. So, come June, I will most likely go with at least a newer PSE, or a Bowtech. Maybe a Hoyt. Depends on how many pennies I save up, and what I find in my price that's feels right to shoot.

I shoot a used PSE I bought 10 years ago to get started.  Has treated me well and I'm sure I'd love to get a new Mission.  Maybe down the road, but I've just paid for 1 wedding, got 3 more coming up in the next 18 months, and 2 more in the near future.  That's what happens when you have 6 kids, you learn to do with less.  I rifle hunt with the same Mannlicher I bought in 68, and wouldn't seem like hunting without it.  It's now considered an antique, and try to find ammo is ridiculous, but it's light and packs a wallop.

But for some strange reason, I put more money into Saltwater equipment, rods & reels, always changing em and upgrading.  Go figure. I'm just content with the old ways when it comes to hunting.

Like a lot of the guys said here, buying at a local archery shop, making friends with the owners, and using their expertise to equip you and get you on the right track is the way to go.

I was always a PSE fan, 20+ years ago when I hunted with a bow, I shot a few PSE's, but, they were out of my price range. My very first bow was a Darton. I don't know the model, bought it used from a shop. After about 10 arrows, the string broke. Took it back and the shop gave me back the money and then some seeing I was buying the Gale Force.

The PSE I have now is almost as old. LOL. But, it feels right when I shoot, and it shoots fine with the set up I have. It just feels comfy. So, come June, I will most likely go with at least a newer PSE, or a Bowtech. Maybe a Hoyt. Depends on how many pennies I save up, and what I find in my price that's feels right to shoot.

Go shoot lots of bows and then buy a used one on Archerytalk. Seriously. When I bought my Hoyt, I went to the pro shop, shot every model they had, decided what felt best to me and then bought the same bow that was 1 year old, for less than half the price. (800 - 900 Maxxis 35 for $400 shipped). The only thing I didnt get was a warranty. Havent had an issue with it yet.

Before that, I had a PSE, wanted a new one, went to Gander and grabbed a brand new PSE Octane. I shot that bow for 3 years before I finally gave up on it. It never felt right, the servings would come apart near the cam after just a few shots, etc. The local PSE shop sucked, and went out of business, and I would have had to go 45 mins each way for any factory support. Sold it. I lost a ton on that bow between what I paid, having it in for service, 3 sets of strings, not to mention my time. I will never ever buy any bow again that I am not sure Im comfortable with first. Oh, and Ill save up and/or wait to get a top line bow before I buy any middle of the road or low end bow.

Just my experience.

• Like 2

In reference to imports and quality. That is all. Some people are freaking clueless of global economics and supply chain works. Your American made car has foreign parts, your Chinese made product was designed in the states etc. people just don't get it.

I have bought some quality stuff from over seas. I have bought some crappy stuff from over seas.

I have bought some quality " Made In The USA" stuff, and I have bought some really crappy stuff.

I agree with your comment Belo. Just because it was made in China or w/e, doesn't always mean it's crap. I made that comment before in this thread.

There's also the issue of, not everyone has $2000 a year to buy the next super bow. Not everyone makes $100,000 a year.

LOL

• Like 2

Really? You get what you pay for. I keep reading that in this thread, so, I am going to make a comparison, and not about bows.

So, you think that Cadillac Escalade is really going to get you through the tough spots a Jeep with a suspension pack will? Don't think so!

Archerytalk.com is THE place to but a bow cheap, it may be used but some have barely been shot. I got a great deal on my Elite which was a year old but looked brand new, if you are not in a hurry the prices are good but drop quickly when no interest is shown the first few days. Elite warranty travels from owner to owner and it's a top quality bow.

Really? You get what you pay for. I keep reading that in this thread, so, I am going to make a comparison, and not about bows.

So, you think that Cadillac Escalade is really going to get you through the tough spots a Jeep with a suspension pack will? Don't think so!

No but it will be a hell of a lot more comfortable on the freeway, offer better creature comforts and is generally considered better looking.

It's not apples to apples with that analogy. I do not know anyone who offroads their escalade. haha.

• Like 1

...."Keep in mind that the products made in China is like products made any where else in that they are made specifically to the buyers (distributing company) request. It's not like a US company ask China to make the best product possible and then China sends them crap. If so, why the heck is the US company still doing business with China? "

This is really not an accurate statement. Unless you have serious measures in place to make sure your specs are adhered to, chances are very high you will get a much inferior product.  Also, specs need to be written incredibly well.  Why doing business still if you get ripped off? The allure of $$$$$$$$$ .  Also not finding out, until its too late, you have an inferior product. Then, after sinking a pile of cash, what will a company do? Say.. Well we got taken, close the doors and take the loss? Doubtful. Recap as much as they can, lick their wounds and move on. Admit in public or press release? No...

OP:  Its sad to read you dont care where something is made. Maybe one day you will.

...."Keep in mind that the products made in China is like products made any where else in that they are made specifically to the buyers (distributing company) request. It's not like a US company ask China to make the best product possible and then China sends them crap. If so, why the heck is the US company still doing business with China? "

This is really not an accurate statement. Unless you have serious measures in place to make sure your specs are adhered to, chances are very high you will get a much inferior product. Also, specs need to be written incredibly well. Why doing business still if you get ripped off? The allure of $$$$$$$$$ . Also not finding out, until its too late, you have an inferior product. Then, after sinking a pile of cash, what will a company do? Say.. Well we got taken, close the doors and take the loss? Doubtful. Recap as much as they can, lick their wounds and move on. Admit in public or press release? No...

OP: Its sad to read you dont care where something is made. Maybe one day you will.

If that's the case then don't buy anything you don't make for yourself. The wool suit you got that said made in Italy most likely got their fabric from China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you seen the sticker prices on some of the new Jeeps? certainly not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.