Brownsville Maine Deer Food Pantry

airedale

I came across this live around the clock Deer feeding station in Maine a couple of years ago, when the snow gets on the ground up there the Deer hit those feeders hard day and night. Right now they are coming out pretty much at night on bare ground and not a whole lot of action during the daylight. Happened to check it out last night before hitting the sack around 1100 pm and there were some real nice wall hangers visiting those feeders.

Al

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, First-light said:

Isn't this exactly what we are not supposed to do? 

Its ok in Maine just not in NY..lol

Jokes aside i dont think they are feeding corn which causes acidosis but oats acorns etc are ok

Edited by suburbanfarmer
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Its ok in Maine just not in NY..lol

Jokes aside i dont think they are feeding corn which causes acidosis but oats acorns etc are ok

I've watched them fill the Trough's at around 9 am , I believe they fill with Oats , Acorns and sliced apples ! They use an ATV setup to automatically fill the Trough's !

• Like 2

There is also some kind of pellet feed mixed in, that is the first thing they go for after he fills the troughs, they are hitting the feed earlier and earlier. There were a couple of 200 pounders there last night. Usually there is a big bunch of Turkeys there, I could hear some yelping the other day but have not seen any at the feeders yet.

Al