Monster NY buck taken.

Grouse

2 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

True Words. But one will never feel what the word Hunting” really means until one finds, scouts, learns and hunts down one single mature whitetail buck one on one and go until they kill that one buck or bust. One will never know that feeling until it’s been earned. Not an easy task 99.9% of the time. 

Boy oh boy do you beat this to death.  Like someone doesn't know the meaning of "hunting" unless he's out to kill a huge buck? LOL  No way, bud.  I'll tell you what "hunting" is to me.  I've now got my young son hunting with me for the last five seasons and nothing could be greater as far as "hunting" is concerned and we are creating memories that will last us until our last breath on this earth.  It matters mighty little what size deer either of us kill or if we even kill any.  I have given up some of my own limited hunting time to be able to take him along with me but could care less.  It don't matter one tiny bit that I may have not been out there at my spot when that monster buck walked by.  The memories that I will have hunting with my son and passing down the tradition to the next generation of hunters is way MORE important than any huge antlers on the wall.  Now my sons cousin (my nephew) has been saying that he want to try hunting also.  Hopefully I can now add even another young man to the next generation of hunters.  This in my mind far outweighs any dust collecting trophy buck on the wall.  In fact it's NO contest between the two.

4 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

True Words. But one will never feel what the word Hunting” really means until one finds, scouts, learns and hunts down one single mature whitetail buck one on one and go until they kill that one buck or bust. One will never know that feeling until it’s been earned. Not an easy task 99.9% of the time. 

I do not agree.

4 hours ago, steve863 said:

Boy oh boy do you beat this to death.  Like someone doesn't know the meaning of "hunting" unless he's out to kill a huge buck? LOL  No way, bud.  I'll tell you what "hunting" is to me.  I've now got my young son hunting with me for the last five seasons and nothing could be greater as far as "hunting" is concerned and we are creating memories that will last us until our last breath on this earth.  It matters mighty little what size deer either of us kill or if we even kill any.  I have given up some of my own limited hunting time to be able to take him along with me but could care less.  It don't matter one tiny bit that I may have not been out there at my spot when that monster buck walked by.  The memories that I will have hunting with my son and passing down the tradition to the next generation of hunters is way MORE important than any huge antlers on the wall.  Now my sons cousin (my nephew) has been saying that he want to try hunting also.  Hopefully I can now add even another young man to the next generation of hunters.  This in my mind far outweighs any dust collecting trophy buck on the wall.  In fact it's NO contest between the two.

You see the funny thing is that we do the same exact thing. You don’t think we take kids and grandkids hunting?  You don’t think we kill does and they kill any buck they choose?  The fact is is that you or anyone else will know that feeling of accomplishment until one does it. Tracking a mature buck one on one and shoot him in its bed or coming out of that bed in the Adirondack snow would be the same exact feeling. We all get the enjoyment of the woods and all that goes with it. It’s just that some of us…That can do it…up our game and get a whole lot more then just sitting in the woods and waiting for the first legal deer to walk by. After harvesting 100’s of Whitetails there it makes a huge difference.   Very few have what it takes to harvest a mature whitetail from start to finish but those same few get all the enjoyment you get and a whole level more. 

Edited by Four Seasons

10 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

You see the funny thing is that we do the same exact thing. You don’t think we take kids and grandkids hunting?  You don’t think we kill does and they kill any buck they choose?  The fact is is that you or anyone else will know that feeling of accomplishment until one does it. Tracking a mature buck one on one and shoot him in its bed or coming out of that bed in the Adirondack snow would be the same exact feeling. We all get the enjoyment of the woods and all that goes with it. It’s just that some of us…That can do it…up our game and get a whole lot more then just sitting in the woods and waiting for the first legal deer to walk by. After harvesting 100’s of Whitetails there it makes a huge difference.   Very few have what it takes to harvest a mature whitetail from start to finish but those same few get all the enjoyment you get and a whole level more. 

As others have said here and I totally agree with everyone has their own reasons why they hunt.  If someone wants to wait for a deer that's twelve years old and toothless they can go right ahead.  I surely can't stop them.  I and many others will not be waiting for one like that.  The problem I have with what you keep posting is that you imply that those hunters who hunt for mature bucks only are in many ways superior to all others (and of course one of these superior hunters being YOU). You also claim that these hunters are the only ones who will ever feel what the word "hunting" really means.  I call BS to that for so many reasons.  As much as it doesn't seem to sink in for you it is definitely NOT all about the horns for many if not most hunters out there and most of us don't feel shortchanged in the least because of this.  You hunt for what you want to hunt for and we will hunt for what we want to hunt for.  Simple enough in my opinion and I think most of us have hunted long enough where we don't need to be lectured how your way is the only truly satisfying way to hunt.

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

As others have said here and I totally agree with everyone has their own reasons why they hunt.  If someone wants to wait for a deer that's twelve years old and toothless they can go right ahead.  I surely can't stop them.  I and many others will not be waiting for one like that.  The problem I have with what you keep posting is that you imply that those hunters who hunt for mature bucks only are in many ways superior to all others (and of course one of these superior hunters being YOU). You also claim that these hunters are the only ones who will ever feel what the word "hunting" really means.  I call BS to that for so many reasons.  As much as it doesn't seem to sink in for you it is definitely NOT all about the horns for many if not most hunters out there and most of us don't feel shortchanged in the least because of this.  You hunt for what you want to hunt for and we will hunt for what we want to hunt for.  Simple enough in my opinion and I think most of us have hunted long enough where we don't need to be lectured how your way is the only truly satisfying way to hunt.

Just as you say. Hunters will hunt their way. And for some their way is the superior way. If you think hunting is to go sit in the woods and shoot any deer that walks by then you have no clue to what real hunting can be. Your happy to wait for Any deer while other choose to find one deer…. Which is a mature deer not so much a big antlered deer and that deer is in fact superior to the little spike or four pointer you are happy to take. That’s just a 100% fact. You hunt animals as a whole and other hunt animals one on one. And yes to be successful at that to any degree makes the Hunter just a superior as the animal they are pursuing. A mature whitetail buck is superior to all other Whitetails in so many ways.   And you throw my name in there yourself for your own reasons because if you were to pay attention to the post started the guy that killed that awesome buck hunts the same exact way.  I guess he is superior also. 

15 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Have you ever done it?

I have one big buck hanging on the wall that I had spotted and patterned and killed (Costs have limited me from mounting more). Hanging right next to it is a little antler mount of a 5" spike which was the first archery deer that I ever got. The fact is that it is that spike that brings back the most satisfying memories. That happened 47 years ago and still I can tell you everything about that hunt and the huge sense of satisfaction that I felt. For me that was the "greatest hunt" ever. Of all the deer that I have ever taken that was the one where I can remember every detail, and emotion. That was the most prized animal that I have ever gotten.

The good news is that way back then there was nobody harping about scores and how I should have passed that one waiting for a bigger one. I have taken much bigger deer since then, and they all fade into faint memories when compared with that spike. Great hunts for me are more about the surrounding circumstances than any measured-up antler lengths and spreads. I can even tell you of hunts where does have had my hands shaking. I appreciate antlers, but they are not the end-all and be-all of hunting for me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

And for some their way is the superior way. 

LOL, We get it. You are the greatest hunter on this forum or any other forum in the world. We will all now bow down in your presence. 

All hail King Four Season 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

LOL, We get it. You are the greatest hunter on this forum or any other forum in the world. We will all now bow down in your presence. 

All hail King Four Season 

And what do you call the fella in this post?  He a great hunter because he hunts only a target animal?  How about this fella’s comment in the Outdoor News?  He hunts as long as he still has a target animal. Usually the ones that make the stupid comments like yours are the ones that would never be a up for the challenge and that’s life. 

IMG_7242.jpeg

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

And what do you call the fella in this post?  He a great hunter because he hunts only a target animal?  How about this fella’s comment in the Outdoor News?  He hunts as long as he still has a target animal. Usually the ones that make the stupid comments like yours are the ones that would never be a up for the challenge and that’s life. 

IMG_7242.jpeg

You know I really don't know this gentlemen at all. Mr. Chad Draper from his one quote here sounds quite a bit like you. A real hunter, one that has gone toe to toe with the oldest and wisest of bucks in the woods and has come out on top. Now is he a member of a forum? That I am not sure of so to me you are still the greatest hunter on any forum in the world!

In my humble opinion Mr. Draper is real man much like yourself hunts to the truest definition of hunting a man that finds, scouts, learns and hunts down one single mature whitetail buck one on one and go until they kill that one buck or bust. 

ALL HAIL KING FOUR SEASON! We bow in your presence. 

9 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

You know I really don't know this gentlemen at all. Mr. Chad Draper from his one quote here sounds quite a bit like you. A real hunter, one that has gone toe to toe with the oldest and wisest of bucks in the woods and has come out on top. Now is he a member of a forum? That I am not sure of so to me you are still the greatest hunter on any forum in the world!

In my humble opinion Mr. Draper is real man much like yourself hunts to the truest definition of hunting a man that finds, scouts, learns and hunts down one single mature whitetail buck one on one and go until they kill that one buck or bust. 

ALL HAIL KING FOUR SEASON! We bow in your presence. 

I guess you can bow to the 1000’s of us that do not get out jollies from killing a dumbest deer in the woods and like to challenge ourselves with the best.                        We still have those like you and Wolc that are still at that level with the dumbest in the woods.  Enjoy that and enjoy looking at the pictures of the top bucks the other level continues to show you. Don’t feel bad though. Not everyone has what it takes. 

On 1/23/2024 at 6:23 PM, Four Seasons said:

Just as you say. Hunters will hunt their way. And for some their way is the superior way. If you think hunting is to go sit in the woods and shoot any deer that walks by then you have no clue to what real hunting can be. Your happy to wait for Any deer while other choose to find one deer…. Which is a mature deer not so much a big antlered deer and that deer is in fact superior to the little spike or four pointer you are happy to take. That’s just a 100% fact. You hunt animals as a whole and other hunt animals one on one. And yes to be successful at that to any degree makes the Hunter just a superior as the animal they are pursuing. A mature whitetail buck is superior to all other Whitetails in so many ways.   And you throw my name in there yourself for your own reasons because if you were to pay attention to the post started the guy that killed that awesome buck hunts the same exact way.  I guess he is superior also. 

It’d be pretty neat if you posted a picture October 15, 2024 of that singe buck your hunting.   That would show your superiority…..

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

It’d be pretty neat if you posted a picture October 15, 2024 of that singe buck your hunting.   That would show your superiority…..

I’m sure when that time rolls around I can help ya out. Until then 2023 will have to work for ya. 

IMG_7244.png

IMG_7245.png

IMG_7246.png

15 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

I guess you can bow to the 1000’s of us that do not get out jollies from killing a dumbest deer in the woods and like to challenge ourselves with the best.                        We still have those like you and Wolc that are still at that level with the dumbest in the woods.  Enjoy that and enjoy looking at the pictures of the top bucks the other level continues to show you. Don’t feel bad though. Not everyone has what it takes. 

1000's of real hunters like yourself that finds, scouts, learns and hunts down one single mature whitetail buck one on one and go until they kill that one buck or bust? 

I'd be honored to meet each and every one of them so I could shake their hand and bow to their greatness! 

All Hail King For Seasons!!!!!!

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Deer Hunting for Dummies"?   From what expert hunter Four Seasons is telling us it looks like some of us have a lot to learn and we may need to go back to the beginning.  LOL

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think it's time to lock this thread up, since it has degenerated into a list of personal attacks.

The attacker is the one who thinks that anyone who doesn't hunt for trophy deer is a sub-par hunter.  That has been his theme on this forum for years.  He dishes out this BS and you think everyone will just be quiet about it and not let him know what others think about his opinions??

56 minutes ago, steve863 said:

The attacker is the one who thinks that anyone who doesn't hunt for trophy deer is a sub-par hunter.  That has been his theme on this forum for years.  He dishes out this BS and you think everyone will just be quiet about it and not let him know what others think about his opinions??

Kinda sounds like you once again are just a little jelly of others that can actually play the game a little differently than you. You like to tell the class where anyone put out any bullshit on this thread ??  A question was asked and it was answered. I actually find it amusing that after all these years of me posting up great bucks every year and you never posting up any after all these years and you have the problem.  You know that does show your true colors.  Now my advice to you is if you can’t match what I put up with my way of hunting you should at the very least put up what you kill with your way of hunting.  How many years has it been since you have shown a harvest on this site again?    

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Deer Hunting for Dummies"?   From what expert hunter Four Seasons is telling us it looks like some of us have a lot to learn and we may need to go back to the beginning.  LOL

That jelly is really shining thru once again. Usually does when one can’t accomplish what someone else does.   Pretty bucks huh?  

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

That jelly is really shining thru once again. Usually does when one can’t accomplish what someone else does.   Pretty bucks huh?  

LOL, yeah right.  Everyone is jealous of you.  That has also been your worn out delusional tune around here for years.   I guess the pot smoking has gotten to you real good, bud.  Go seek help.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I think it's time to lock this thread up, since it has degenerated into a list of personal attacks.

Nothing new from these two. You notice they post nothing and I mean nothing of any merit on this site until they want to downgrade others. It’s been comical for years. I just wish I could see any harvests they have ever made. 

5 minutes ago, steve863 said:

LOL, yeah right.  Everyone is jealous of you.  That has also been your worn out delusional tune around here for years.   I guess the pot smoking has gotten to you real good, bud.  Go seek help.

Give us another reason?  I congratulate every buck that gets posted on this site. Yet you have problems with some of the best on it.  Now why don’t you take the time to post up a pic of yourself with your buck from this year??  

Edited by Four Seasons

15 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Give us another reason?  I congratulate every buck that gets posted on this site. Yet you have problems with some of the best on it.  Now why don’t you take the time to post up a pic of yourself with your buck from this year??  

Nope, did not kill a buck this year and feel absolutely no shame about it.  Just for you since you are such an idiot I walked downstairs to my basement where some of my past hunting exploits are collecting dust to take a couple of pictures for you.  Enjoy.  I had these critters mounted because I had the money to do it but they don't mean any more to me than any other animal I have ever shot.  I am happy with whatever I get to kill.

20240125_101408.jpg

20240125_101436.jpg

20240125_101517.jpg