newpeep site

f3cbboy

Hi -  I am new to bow hunting and the rubber tubing on the peep on a 3 month old bow broke and i just got it replaced. Do i need to re-sight the bow?  My shotsare off to theright and a littlelow about3 inchesat about15yds.  I think i answord my own question..

No tube peeps are nice but you risk the chance of them turning and not getting a clear picture thru them. Usually they work better if the string is well broken in.New strings tend to turn until they stretch and are broken in. 3/16 diameter is a better size for low light conditions which we all know is when most deer movement occurs.

No tube peeps are nice but you risk the chance of them turning and not getting a clear picture thru them. Usually they work better if the string is well broken in.New strings tend to turn until they stretch and are broken in. 3/16 diameter is a better size for low light conditions which we all know is when most deer movement occurs.

I agree, you never want to take a new string/peep into the field, though once your bow is tuned properly and broken in, peep rotation should never be a problem.

I went tubeless many years ago and there is no comparison. If you get good strings your peep will not rotate if installed correctly, 50 shots should be enough to break in a new string although I went without a peep last hunting season after installing new strings and still shot four deer. I put the peep back on before this season and groups are tighter.

If you have a good bow string on your bow, you shouldn't see any peep twist.  I have put 60x strings on my bow and only started to notice peep turn after about 5000 shots.  The tube peeps are great for beginners who don't have the knowledge to fix the problem themselves or have the time to take it to a pro shop.    

You can get a little kit at wal-mart made by allen. It cost like 10 bucks and has the tube you need in it. You will not have to re sight your bow after putting that tube back on.

As for your shot being off. If it's off but your shooting decent groups then you need to re sight your bow. If your just shooting all over the place you need to practice and work on your form.

• 11 months later...

I got rid of my tube peep several years ago . As bad as my hearing is .... I could hear the tube make a snap noise when I shot .

I know this is a thread bump, but I just want to echo everything in this thread, out of frustration.

My peep came out last weekend as I was walking through some brush. I took it to the store two days back, the guy sold me a peep with a tube (seemed like a good idea, even though 95% of people online seem to have gotten away from these I find out later on).

i finally got it nailed down tight today after 70 shots yesterday and 30 today. My last three arrows at 40 yards were an insane group! I was going to take a few more shots before going home (then hunting tomorrow) and the damn tube snapped. What a piece of junk. 100 shots and two days old and it snaps, and that threw the sight off massively (I'm now shooting 8" high at 20 yards). It wasn't even on tight; would only tense up the last 1-2" of draw. At least I didn't lose an eye over this silly contraption.

And the thing is the hundreds of arrows I had before on a regular peep were fine and little rotation was ever noticed (or at least it was consistent).

Oh, and there was I would say every few arrows a strange kind of added vibration noise. but not on all the arrows.

Edited by Core

Core, what is your location?

Wayne county :) Brought it in to another place when I got the peep back on, but now I need a bow press to add a twist to it, as it's very slightly rotated at extension--not enough to really impede my shots, but it is annoying.

No tube peeps are nice but you risk the chance of them turning and not getting a clear picture thru them. Usually they work better if the string is well broken in.New strings tend to turn until they stretch and are broken in. 3/16 diameter is a better size for low light conditions which we all know is when most deer movement occurs.

I switched from a peep with a tube to a tubeless 2 years ago but was unable to really shoot/ hunt with it because I was playing soccer in college. I have noticed my non-tube twists in cold weather but this year I've shit a lot and if the peep turns I just turn it back and it's the same impact

Edited by DeerStalker22
  • Like 2

I switched from a peep with a tube to a tubeless 2 years ago but was unable to really shoot/ hunt with it because I was playing soccer in college. I have noticed my non-tube twists in cold weather but this year I've shit a lot and if the peep turns I just turn it back and it's the same impact

Sounds like you'd better stock up on tons of soft toilet paper or baby wipes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need to a have a half twist added to your string. Not sure how your bowel movements tie into shooting but hey if it works there are weirder things people do.