Sundown

zeus1gdsm

The app on my phone shows sunrise 3 minutes earlier and sunset 3 minutes later for today compared to the chart. My location is right on one of the lines on the map.

For sunrise I can wait the extra 3 minutes after the alarm goes off, but for sunset I rely on the alarm in the app to tell me when it is quitting time.

I hope that does not get me in trouble one of these days.

Guys using apps may want to compare your app to the chart.

my app is a $25.00 Timex........I'm not gonna worry about a 2-3  minute difference.

Nor am I.

But I would rather know what the discrepancy is and plan accordingly.

I may choose to say put for a few extra minutes after sundown as a courtesy or for safety if there is a chance that nearby hunters may be using a slightly different time.

common sense and knowing what the law is goes a long way........I saw 3 different variations to a sunrise time last week, what my gps said, what I figured on the DEC chart and what they had posted at the check station.

In your example the check station sunrise posting is the one I would go by since I assume that is how the regulation is going to be enforced.

If the check station sunset time was 10 minutes earlier than GPS time, I may stay put until GPS sunset as a courtesy or for my safety and not hunt those last 10 minutes. That seems like use of common sense to me.

Like I said earlier, I would understand the discrepancy and plan accordingly.

In your example the check station sunrise posting is the one I would go by since I assume that is how the regulation is going to be enforced.

If the check station sunset time was 10 minutes earlier than GPS time, I may stay put until GPS sunset as a courtesy or for my safety and not hunt those last 10 minutes. That seems like use of common sense to me.

Like I said earlier, I would understand the discrepancy and plan accordingly.

they were all within 3-5 minutes of each other...........my point is that I can't see anyone having to be overly concerned with a few minute variation either way, I go by my watch and or gps and would be surprised if you would be held accountable if you were acting with the best intentions and not intentionally going over the time by 10-15 minutes.

• Like 1

what are you even talking about? My screw up? By finding a deer who would have died within the hour and speeding up the process is my screw up? Get off your freaking high horse. Hope you're in compliance with the safe act. Can't pick and choose your laws right?

As I have said before send the cops to my house.  Again I will explain for you.  You said you shoot a deer and if I were gutting it the next morning theret would be words.  I do not need the deer you could not kill quickly and humanely to end up in my freezer.  if anything I would tell you it was there and move on.  High horse.  You are the one so high you can not read what is posted.  You are just so wanting the law to change for you that you do not bother to read just argue.  If you are intentionally setting in the stand after LEGAL hours to shoot  a deer that is 100 percent not wounded you are poaching and stealing a deer that someone else may have had a chance to get the next day if you had not stole it by hunting illegally.  pretty simple huh.   As far as the safe act goes you may want to look in your history books to see what you do when a law is unconstitutional and infringes upon the rights of the citizens.  I would explain it to you, but you would not get it right anyway. Personally I could not care less what the hours are.  Guys like you will still bend them.  If it is a half hour before, you will use 45 minutes etc.

Edited by bubba

I stated clearly that I shot the deer DURING legal light and wanted to put him out of his misery at night. Instead of waiting till the next day. Sorry we all aren't perfect shots. I never said I was shooting an unwounded deer. So call me a thief for shooting a deer that I shot during legal light and was still alive when I got to him. I'll gladly be labeled a thief if you think that's stealing. I was not going to stand there listening to him suffer watching puffs of vapor pour out of his wound... I was not going to climb to the top of the ravine to get a good enough signal to radio my 1 and only hunting partner with a cell phone so he could maybe reach an Econ officer for permission. This was 12 years ago and cell phones weren't common. That's another 30 minutes of that deer suffering. I put a slug in his heart and he expired and I'd do it again. Thief or no thief.

/high horse

Edited by Belo

So did 90% of the people in this thread. But please do proceed to single me out.

don't cry because I singled you out.  I am sure they can read also.  I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.  You are the one who keeps ranting on so I respond.