Sundown

zeus1gdsm

So I was out last night.. Sunset predicted at 4:45.. At that time the light was mostly gone... I ended up packing it in @509 and within 3 minutes needed my headlamp...

For the period from 430 to 5 the light faded quick.. With my bad low light vision due to astigmatism I had a hard time discerning objects.. However with the binos and scope I had clear picture due to the focused light filtering...

So my question is how far past predicted sunset do you stay?

For what its worth as the light goes I would have to be 200% on what I was shooting. But that goes for full light as well

Just a bit of advice to members on here and any visitors. The members here love to help but if you are going to ask a question about a regulation or involves the legality of  an action, Please, at least appear to have read the regulations and not have slept through the hunter safety education course.

We not return you to our regularly scheduled scolding. .

• Like 5

So then the regulation goes by the "predicted" sundown and pack it up even if you can still see fine.

This is exactly why I posted this.. As a gentleman I went with said "I stay until dark" which along with some other things he's said seem suspect

Edited by zeus1gdsm

After legal shooting time passes, my standards change. I no longer worry about the deer having antlers or not. I feel its safe to just simply look for 4 legs, because humans have 2 legs. Worse case its 2 humans together, but I'm a good shot so my bullet or arrow will go between the sets of legs, missing both parties.

• Like 3

So then the regulation goes by the "predicted" sundown and pack it up even you can still see.

This is exactly why I posted this.. As a gentleman I went with said "I stay until dark"

weather is predicted. Sun down is set in concrete. it is a guarantee and depending on the season and species the legal hunting times can vary. for Deer you are done at  sundown.

After legal shooting time passes, my standards change. I no longer worry about the deer having antlers or not. I feel its safe to just simply look for 4 legs, because humans have 2 legs. Worse case its 2 humans together, but I'm a good shot so my bullet or arrow will go between the sets of legs, missing both parties.

Obvious troll is obvious :P
  • Like 1

Just a bit of advice to members on here and any visitors. The members here love to help but if you are going to ask a question about a regulation or involves the legality of an action, Please, at least appear to have read the regulations and not have slept through the hunter safety education course.

We not return you to our regularly scheduled scolding. .

Good point. Took the class 2 years ago. I'll grab one of the regs magazines from herbs and brush up...

Glad I was able to provide some levity for everyone.

Please don't hold it against me

Edited by zeus1gdsm

So then the regulation goes by the "predicted" sundown and pack it up even if you can still see fine.

This is exactly why I posted this.. As a gentleman I went with said "I stay until dark" which along with some other things he's said seem suspect

sunset is not a "prediction", it's an exact time for the zone you are in.....

Thanks for the help all. And the ridicule.

Question was generated due misinformation and my experience at sunset with bad eyes. ..

Apologies for kicking the hornets nest. I'll reach out to other areas for further questions as I don't have a close friend or family member to guide like so many may have had the luxury.

My fathers hunting experience consisted of going once and falling asleep.

Thanks for the helpful replies. Point taken