Would You Support a Blaze Orange Compromise?

wildcat junkie

do that many of you not wear BO anyhow? I wear it even on private land because you just don't know. In some states you're allowed to remove while in the tree or blind. You're telling me for an extra hour a day you wouldn't put a vest and hat on?

I only wear it on public land in SZ. I don't wear it on my land nor do I in the ADKS

• Like 1

If it was mandated on public land only then I would be on board but for a statewide law no way! I will not be told what to wear on MY land period.

how is it any different than the laws telling you when and what you can shoot and what you shoot it with and how many you can shoot etc etc? Less we forget back tags? How many states still have those?

I just don't get the aversion to change. Most of you know how I felt about crossbows, and yeah part of my argument was tradition... but a vest and a hat while walking through the woods? You can freaking take it off when you're in the stand. I'd wear thong underwear if I could shoot that 10 point 20 minutes before sunrise.

Edited by Belo

do that many of you not wear BO anyhow? I wear it even on private land because you just don't know. In some states you're allowed to remove while in the tree or blind. You're telling me for an extra hour a day you wouldn't put a vest and hat on?

if it was just going to be mandatory during the regular gun season I would be for it, but I can't imagine that.....I don't want it mandatory across the board, would you want it in archery and turkey season? and you might as well give up waterfowl if it gets pushed into that season.

how is it any different than the laws telling you when and what you can shoot and what you shoot it with and how many you can shoot etc etc? Less we forget back tags? How many states still have those?

I just don't get the aversion to change. Most of you know how I felt about crossbows, and yeah part of my argument was tradition... but a vest and a hat while walking through the woods? You can freaking take it off when you're in the stand. I'd wear thong underwear if I could shoot that 10 point 20 minutes before sunrise.

Big difference the state "owns" the deer so them telling me how and how many deer I can kill is completely different than them telling me what I have to wear on MY land!

Big difference the state "owns" the deer so them telling me how and how many deer I can kill is completely different than them telling me what I have to wear on MY land!

In most states, the laws make the game property of the people of the state. 

In Indiana, you don't need a license of any kind to hunt on your own land or any adjoining land with permission. At least it was that way when I hunted there.

All you had to do was follow game laws & make your own tag. Not sure if you had to check the deer in or not. I think you did. When you checked am deer in, the paper tag was exchanged for a metal tag that was afixed to the carcass right there. Bait shops, sporting goods stores, gas stations & country stores where some of the places you checked in deer.

Edited by wildcat junkie

if it was just going to be mandatory during the regular gun season I would be for it, but I can't imagine that.....I don't want it mandatory across the board, would you want it in archery and turkey season? and you might as well give up waterfowl if it gets pushed into that season.

I don't know of any that require BO during archery. So yes, it would be for gun and mz seasons. the extra hour applies to all seasons.

they also tell you that you can't use bait, what hours you can hunt and with what weapons. So what's the big deal that you might to wear a special hat?

I don't know of any that require BO during archery. So yes, it would be for gun and mz seasons. the extra hour applies to all seasons.

In regards to the quote you responded to that also included BO during Turkey Hunting.

Pennsylvania, which has some of the most restrictive hunting lws I have even encountered, used to require BO in Turkey season when on the move & I think a blaze orange ribbon above the calling position.

While the 1st requirement is borderline IMO, the 2nd is ludacrous.

Just about all spring turkey season shooting incidents would be prevented if people would just STOP TRYING TO STALK TURKEYS. It's impossible for 99.99% of hunters to stalk within shotgun range of a calling Turkey anyway.

Edited by wildcat junkie

It isn't different.  It's another law on the books that controls another aspect of the way you hunt.  I think we have too many laws already, we don't need more.

I just don't get the aversion to change. Most of you know how I felt about crossbows, and yeah part of my argument was tradition... but a vest and a hat while walking through the woods? You can freaking take it off when you're in the stand. 

No, you cannot.  If you do you are in violation of the law that requires blaze orange worn while hunting.

It isn't different.  It's another law on the books that controls another aspect of the way you hunt.  I think we have too many laws already, we don't need more.

I just don't get the aversion to change. Most of you know how I felt about crossbows, and yeah part of my argument was tradition... but a vest and a hat while walking through the woods? You can freaking take it off when you're in the stand. 

No, you cannot.  If you do you are in violation of the law that requires blaze orange worn while hunting.

1. it's a compromise. The lack of compromise is why the dems and repubs continue the downward spiral of this once great nation. Both sides refuse to budge for the greater good and so we remain unchanged.

2. we're talking hypothetical. and yes in the state i now hunt those are the rules. Public land only. You can remove your BO in blind and in stand. You can hunt 30 min before and after. On private land you do not need to wear BO.

So what's the real big issue here? Big brother allowing you to hunt a little longer with a compromise you wear a vest and hat for the small hike in and out.