Hunting story for everyone

upstatehunter

This story took place in 7m opening day:

Are annual opening weekend trip had finally came. Campers were nice and warm as we sat around talking about the next morning. We were dreaming big, but I was doubting due to some of the crew had been there for a week already bow hunting, with no deer sightings. Well opening morning came, cold it was. I set up on the edge of the state land hoping deer would try to get to the posted property. Well 20 minutes into legal shooting time, I hear a fourwheeler. Well said land owner had same idea I did. I get up frustrated and mad but no reason to be, it is his land and I'm on state land. I crest the hill and bam there stands a doe. Tag in pocket I take a quick aim. Well from frustration, I missed. So the afternoon hunt rolls up. The ball and chain wants to go out with me. Mind you she is 9 months pregnant. She loves to go out but won't ever shoot a deer. We setup not far from where I had in the morning. As we are sitting I change my socks because my feet sweat a lot. Get done with that and she says its starting to get cold. No more than does she say that I see a doe. She is mature. As I'm on her I see another deer coming 50 yards behind. I ask my woman what is it. She says, looks to be a doe. So I take my shot. The mature doe I saw first goes down. I look over and the other does has horns. She says I'm sorry. I laughed but in my head was screaming. So we wait then go to the doe. As we are standing there looking at her I catch movement. Here come that buck right down that does trail again. She hands me my gun. I can tell he is decent. He gets 15 yards away hooks right and I let the .243 bark. He feel so quick I didn't see him go down. There was a small hump so I could see him laying there. We approached and there lay what I consider a nice 7m 8 pointer. So we were done on opening day. 2 days later she gave birth to our son. Nobody in my group would believe us. More stories to come if anyone cares to hear

• Like 4

It really was......there was no hunting skill involved just pure luck.....I had the buck and die mounted because in my mind it was the first time me, my woman, and son shot a deer together lol my son was and wasn't there.....don't poke fun.....I mount deer because of meaning behind the deer

why would anyone poke fun? that's exactly what hunting should be about......in my book anyway.

• Like 1

My best hunting buddies now are my two grandsons ages 10 and 12. Their enthusiasm and awe of the deer woods is something to behold. I love watching them watch deer while we are in the woods. Can't wait to be there with them when they take their first deer. They are learning fast about the way of the woods. And the bonds we are building will last long after I'm no longer able to be there with them.

• Like 1

9 months pregnant and out hunting and to boot, camping. You got lucky with your hunt she on the other hand is something special!!! If she heard you calling her your "ball and chain" and "my woman" I bet she would pop you! lol Congrats on the hunt!