Made some Bacon today

Gizmo285

I can tell just from the pictures that will be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry unsafe to eat. it should be disposed of right away. PM me an address and I will swing by to pick it up for disposal so you don't have to be bothered.

Didn't figure that would work. Have a recipe? That looks awesome.

You don't need my address...   Just follow your nose..

Actually used a dry rub. Kosher salt, Coarse black pepper, sage and instacure 1. Let it cure for 7 days in the fridge then washed it down and stuck it back in the fridge for a night. Fired up the smoker and their it is... You can tell a dry rub bacon because it doesn't splatter when you fry it. Instead of putting moisture in you take it out..

Actually used a dry rub. Kosher salt, Coarse black pepper, sage and instacure 1. Let it cure for 7 days in the fridge then washed it down and stuck it back in the fridge for a night. Fired up the smoker and their it is... You can tell a dry rub bacon because it doesn't splatter when you fry it. Instead of putting moisture in you take it out..

do you have approximate measurements for making the rub, and how about smoke time and temperature? just getting into the smoker thing and can use all the help I can get.

4 TBLs instacure #1  1 Cup of Kosher coarse salt. 1/2 cup of brown nsugar./ 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 4 tbls of coarse cracked pepper. Run down the belly and insert in a 2 fgallon frezzer bag for 7 days, turning every day. After 7 days take and rinse well under cold water to get off excess spices and salt.  Put in fridge uncovercoverd for another day to form a pellicule.  Hang in smoker and smoke at 160 until it takes on a golden color and is smoked to your liking. Don't have to get it up to 152 degrees because you are going to fry it anyways...    Good luck.

Looks super!! I did some Canadian last summer in the smoker. Man was I impressed. I only did 4 pounds or so. Next time I will be doing about 12-15!! Good stuff that!

Pork loins were $1.99 pound last week. I have at least 2 whole ones in the freezer now!! I cut my own chops or 4 pound hunks to smoke for pulled pork as well.