Its true read release they back peddled, no ban. It goes to show the gun grabbers  cant get the gun they will take the bullets. If anyone things their safe because they only "hunt" with their gun, think again. Gun Control what's that say, All guns. Vote but pay attention on their history. If Hilary gets in she will try harder to achieve what Obama did not do, take your guns.

• Like 3

Its true read release they back peddled, no ban. It goes to show the gun grabbers  cant get the gun they will take the bullets. If anyone things their safe because they only "hunt" with their gun, think again. Gun Control what's that say, All guns. Vote but pay attention on their history. If Hilary gets in she will try harder to achieve what Obama did not do, take your guns.

Yup but regardless of who is next to sleep in the big bed, they will be after some kind of gun control. Its all about the state and what the want i believe. I mean look at Alabama where they tell you to carry because they might not be there to help you and then take a look at our lovely state.

• Like 3

The BATFE has taken the ban off the table, but has also stated it needs further study.  You can be sure they will be coming back to this ban again soon.  The big question is, when did a regulatory agency acquire the power to write laws that infringe on Constitutional rights?

• Like 4

The BATFE has taken the ban off the table, but has also stated it needs further study.  You can be sure they will be coming back to this ban again soon.  The big question is, when did a regulatory agency acquire the power to write laws that infringe on Constitutional rights?

When the current administration and its followers decided that the US Constitution was simply an obstacle standing in the way of their desire to "...fundamentally change..." the country they came up with a solution. Just ignore that "...outdated piece of paper..." and hope that it goes away.

• Like 1

Is the line in the sand to them is "being able to penetrate Class 2 body Armor" then hold on to your hats. I'll be waiting to the "I only hunt and they won't be bothering with my stuff" crowd's heads to start exploding. Give you all a hint. Try any of your hunting rifles with your hunting ammo against class 2.

"Although ATF endeavored to create a proposal that reflected a good faith interpretation of the law and balanced the interests of law enforcement, industry, and sportsmen, the vast majority of the comments received to date are critical of the framework, and include issues that deserve further study. Accordingly, ATF will not at this time seek to issue a final framework [emphasis added]. After the close of the comment period, ATF will process the comments received, further evaluate the issues raised therein, and provide additional open and transparent process (for example, through additional proposals and opportunities for comment) before proceeding with any framework." So it really isn't over.

• Like 1

Is the line in the sand to them is "being able to penetrate Class 2 body Armor" then hold on to your hats. I'll be waiting to the "I only hunt and they won't be bothering with my stuff" crowd's heads to start exploding. Give you all a hint. Try any of your hunting rifles with your hunting ammo against class 2.

yeah, I wouldn't want to be wearing it if someone decides to shoot me with any common deer rifle with over the counter hunting ammo.....but, maybe that's the omission / clerical error they're talking about.

yeah, I wouldn't want to be wearing it if someone decides to shoot me with any common deer rifle with over the counter hunting ammo.....but, maybe that's the omission / clerical error they're talking about.

But their official reasoning is that his ammo could be utilized and an AR pistol and therefor the ammo should be banned because it can penetrate type (class)2. Based on the specifications of type 2 all 223 ammo will. And since an AR is available in a host of other calibers, I don't think it is a tinfoil hat stretch to be concerned what their next official position could be

Yup..ANY center fire rifle round will defeat soft body armor. 22mag, out of a rifle, probably will too, and there are pistols chambered for most common rifle rounds. So if they're using soft body armor as the test subject then cant they call most common rifle rounds  "Armor piercing"?