Hey all, new here.

BellR

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I have lurked and read for a while now, and I figured I would create a name and introduce myself.  My wife and I are both avid outdoorsmen (and women).  I grew up hunting and fishing and she has really gotten into it in the 10 years we have been together.  I have always hunted upstate NY, even now that I dont currently live there. 

When I was growing up I hunted the southern zone (4a and 4f) with my extended family and hunted in the southern adirondacks where I lived (the western tip of 5j).  We still make it up to NY every year for deer season, and will probably be moving back up that way in a year or so for good.

Currently, my wife and I live and work in Southwestern FL.  Since we live down here, we have taken up Alligator hunting with a passion and are currently trying to bag our first Oceola turkey.  I think that once we move up that way I'll still be making annual trips to go alligator hunting.  Last year our group of hunters filled 7 of the 8 tags we were issued for an average size of 7'3".  That was our learning year (none of our group had ever hunted gators before), and we are hoping to do even better this year.  My personal goal is to break the 10' mark as long as either the wife or I get drawn for tags.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello to everyone, and hopefully I'll be up there more full time soon!

That is a video my wife put together for last year's hunts.  Unfortunately a lot goes on at night, and our GoPro sucks at low light so we don't have a lot of the actual catches on film, but this year we plan on getting a deep cycle marine battery and some flood lights so we can get some more footage.