Send some good thoughts...

growalot

So Our son and his girl are Having a Baby in Aug....He was laid off due to a lack of work...OK he can make do... house is payed off...but she goes into work Monday and was told see ya...Everyone but 3 ppl laid off. Not just her company but the company she left to work for this one ...both shutting doors....They collected Student loans... and all contracts were lost...Thank the Government and now there are hundreds and hundred of ppl in western NY out of work

Anyways.... send some good thoughts out to them please...for strike 3...he broke his wrist for the 3rd time last night.... :umbrage:

1st Congrats on the grandchild, you get to enjoy them and they go home LOL. Its a tough time in NY for jobs in most areas. Its nice the home is paid for so that's a plus, I hope things get better for your family. I have one that will be done with her Masters and will move out of state for work. I just sold my last home in NYS taking my youngest with me South, there is room for growth there. If they could do it now's a good time to sell and get out of NYS. Good Luck

Our kids are 10 months apart in age and I lost my job right between their births.   They are not kidding when they say it will make you stronger.   I ended up with a far better job.  Also, NY state has some "premo", health benefits for folks who find themselves in that seemingly unfortunate situation.  The hospital stay didn't cost us a dime for our second daughter, and even the expensive baby formula was free for a while.   It was nice to be home helping my wife with two infants as I don't know if she could have hacked it on her own.   Keep the faith, because God will always work things out for the best, for those who love him.    I am very thankful to have stayed in NY, where we have good hunting and fishing and scenery that are second to none.   This past winter was a bit of a stretch but it looks like we made it thru now.  It would take a lot more than that to force me into those sweltering hell-holes below the Mason-Dixon for anything more than a brief visit.