WNY dippers?

wooly

Can any of you guys recommend someone in the WNY area to dip a shotgun?

My sister bought her first shotgun and is anticipating hitting the woods with it in May with me, but she needs to find someone who can do a pink or red and black snakeskin pattern.

She's VERY picky and meticulous and will be the ultimate PITA of a customer if it doesn't turn out to perfection.

I've never looked into this stuff, so I was wondering if you guys knew of anyone you would suggest checking with. I think she's waiting to hear back from someone in the Boston area right now, but I don't know who he is, how much he charges, or even if he has, or can get the pattern.

Red is one of the last colors on a gun or anything for that matter you should take in the turkey woods.Red,white and blue are colors of a gobblers head and should be avoided,not to mention red and pink will stand out fairly good to a wary gobbler

I'm not gonna disagree with you for safety sake, but that's not what I was asking.

Besides, I bet I could kill a gobbler in a neon tie-dye tee and sweats if I had to!

• Like 2

I'm not saying anyone can't kill them wearing any color under the sun,but the chance is better they could see you

Yeah, I know where you're coming from Rick.

I just wanted to see if I could get a few places for her to consider and to see some of the patterns available.

Her mind's made up on color, and no one's gonna change that.

We'll do our best to stay safe, and make it work!

I sent her the link to this post so I don't want her to see this getting off track with everyone arguing about what color they think HER gun should be.

Just looking for some more options of reputable dippers with this post, that's all. Thanks for the concern though. It's understood from my end.

My favorite dip is Red Seal wintergreen Long Cut...

But perhaps she's a SKOAL girl...

By the way, how can you tell if a guy in Steuben County is married ?

There's tobacco juice running down BOTH doors on the pickup...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Almost forgot to add some follow up pics to this post.

Dipped by a guy out of Boston, NY that can be found @ KJM Custom Works on the web and Facebook.

It turned out pretty sweet for her and she's really happy with the finished product. Sis had some additional airbrushing done on the stock by an acquaintance of the dipper at an additional cost.

It took a little longer than expected/promised, but overall, a real nice job was done! Tomorrow we'll try again to get some turkey blood on that baby for her!

DSC_0991_zpschoenhna.jpg

DSC_0984_zpsjtevuyjb.jpg

DSC_0983_zpsnore5b92.jpg

Edited by wooly
  • Like 4