Nonresident hunting in ny with 30 cal ar

Slaynbux

I could never understand you guys that camo up from head to toe. You hunting or making war on this poor creatures. Ah well, to each his own, if it makes you feel bad a..................................

Robby

????????

Automatics? I assume you mean semi autos. The guys that bring them to the club pay the same dues as everyone else. Sure, some are not very considerate, but Id say the vast majority are. Plenty of guys out there with braked 300 Win Mags and 7mm Mags that pop off at the range, giving you a good scare at the other end of the shooting house.

oops sorry, yeah semi auto.........these are public ranges, and yes we all pay the same............I was just trying to point out how the guy who goes there to shoot a few rounds may be turned off and develop an image of the guy with the "assault weapon".........kinda like going to the movies with the loud jackass behind you.

• Like 2

I will add this, and I'm sure I'll be attacked for it.....but, pre Safe Act, Pre Cuomo, I have had a few days at the range ruined by guys rolling in with their duffle bags full of high capacity magazines and their automatic weapons shooting as fast and furious as they could with brass flying everywhere with zero consideration for the guy next to them. I would normally pack up and go home when these guys would show up.......so, I can fully understand how someone could easily bring this image with them when they see guys show up to go deer hunting with what is percieved as the same gear.

I have had it happen too. Damned silly muzzle breaks on a 5.56...lol. I solved it once by just pulling out my 308 win pistol,  that noise and the fact I was placing 3" groups at 200 and they couldn't hit a 2' diameter target made them leave. In fairness though I have had guys with their 10-22's toss hot brass on my before too.

Point of correction. you meant semi automatic?

Oh please four seasons do tell.were all the wiser now because our friend from the south lectured us msr owners to be responsible with our guns. I sleep better now learning that. Lol. Most of us were out of high school hunting many years responsibly while he was still pooping his pants. so please chime in can't wait to hear this.

Nah 13 pages are plenty. No good wasting more time arguing about something that none of the arguers have a say about one way or the other, One man dictates the good of the common citizen in Ny state. Looks like everybody will be living with that for awhile.

Never did like the looks of those killing machines myself.

Oh please four seasons do tell.were all the wiser now because our friend from the south lectured us msr owners to be responsible with our guns. I sleep better now learning that. Lol. Most of us were out of high school hunting many years responsibly while he was still pooping his pants. so please chime in can't wait to hear this.

I refuse to believe you graduated school, you have yet to type a proper sentence. But keep coming at me, I can come right back at you as it's obvious the mods will let the personal attacks go in this one.

I refuse to believe you graduated school, you have yet to type a proper sentence. But keep coming at me, I can come right back at you as it's obvious the mods will let the personal attacks go in this one.

Oh come on cupcake, get a thicker skin. Your logic and argument holds no merit so you now want the Mods to fight you battles for you? Personal attacks? Obviously we hold different definitions of what an attack is. Your belief of appeasement to the left and antis would probably fall closer to the category of an attack (or at least capitulation).  It is a "your with us or you are against us" proposition.

• 8 months later...

Wondering if anyone could tell me if I can legally hunt with my ar in ny I'm from nh . Registration doesn't apply to me. Would I have to make modifications. Have rem 30 ar 4 roung mags no threaded muzzle non adjustable buttstock.

I know this is late but if it is able to accept a detachable magazine then you cannot have pistol grip, any muzzle break or flash suppressor, bayonet attachment, or adjustable stock. If has those and can accept magazine then it is illegal under safe act. If has none of those features then yes it's legal but the magazine can only hold 10 rounds.

I've lived in a hunting family my whole life and my dad hunted with a Savage 300 bolt action, uncles uses 3030 marlins and I have hunter with bolt actions since the 1970s.

To this very day I know of no one who hunts deer with an AR. In our rich NY history of deer hunting you haven't even heard about hunting whitetails with an AR until maybe 10 years ago despite manufactures claims that "everyone is doing it" and comparing guns to pickups etc.

So all in all it really does come down to "because". I say just get out into the woods with the rifle we have always used and stop wasting time and effort into trying to use a rifle which isn't necessarily the best for the job to hunt deer with.

I've lived in a hunting family my whole life and my dad hunted with a Savage 300 bolt action, uncles uses 3030 marlins and I have hunter with bolt actions since the 1970s.

To this very day I know of no one who hunts deer with an AR. In our rich NY history of deer hunting you haven't even heard about hunting whitetails with an AR until maybe 10 years ago despite manufactures claims that "everyone is doing it" and comparing guns to pickups etc.

So all in all it really does come down to "because". I say just get out into the woods with the rifle we have always used and stop wasting time and effort into trying to use a rifle which isn't necessarily the best for the job to hunt deer with.

To tell someone they are wasting time and effort to do what they would like to do, just because its not the way you choose to do things is kinda pompus, dont you think?

• Like 1

To tell someone they are wasting time and effort to do what they would like to do, just because its not the way you choose to do things is kinda pompus, dont you think?

The whole anti gun/ I don't think you need a certain fire arm, is more than kinda pompous. 

• Like 2

Lots of folks using AR's for predators these days.  People use M1 Garands and M1A's too.  All bolt actions are adaptations of old military Mausers.  Military rifles have always morphed into the hunting fields.  

There is no functional difference between an AR and a Remington 7400.  Besides, an AR can not only hunt, it can be a lot more effective in other conditions where your lever gun will fall far short.

The 2nd Amendment wasn't written to protect deer hunting.

• Like 2

I really have no problem with a hunter who wants to spend the time and energy jumping thru hoops to convert an AR into a NY deer rifle, to each his own. But its the law and not being legally able to lug around a 14lb AR with a 30 round mag and flash hider is no skin off my butt and in all honesty most deer hunters don't and never have used ARs for deer hunting. It really does come down to because in my opinion and I don't have time for "because" and will continue to hunt with the rifles I've used my whole life. I did the whole thing writing congressman and sending emails and standing out in the cold at the Albany protests but the fact of the matter is we lost.

We tried everything, lawsuits and even trying to oust the guy who made the laws and we still lost in a landslide election.

For me its time to get back to hunting, turkey season is 4 months off and I won't have a problem hunting them with my same old Mossberg 500 that just so happens not to have a thumbhole stock.

If that makes me a Fudd then just call me Elmer, lol.

The trouble is, the law was passed just "because".  It doesn't do anything but make those who fear firearms, and want them ALL banned, feel good.  They feel they won, and they did, but America's citizens lost.

When we allow lawmakers to pass laws that are clearly in violation of our rights, we are supporting the demise of all of our rights.

People who want this law repealed can never stop protesting it's existence!  To do so amounts to acceptance.  Hunt with whatever you like, but support those who wish to show tyrants they will NOT comply!

Like Yogi said, "It ain't over till it's over!"