The brush pile fence....

growalot

Thanks that particular fence little over 100yrds has many uses...on the other side it slopes down into the beginning of the gully...I have several stands on that side One can be seen in the pics the deer bed on the east/ south side of the gully and this fence line hides my walking in to get to the stands. I also put a walking path on the other side of fence so I can use it's cover to hide my route to stands from deer coming down the hill. They walk along the fence in range of the stands on the other side..I placed a plot at either end... There is also watering holes in that area when the gully dries up

Thought about doing the same when I get a piece of property. Should also be great around food plots as well as a hedge row. My father used to do this back in the old country to keep the wolves, fox, jackal and people out of their yard and barns. Great idea grow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

I Have them over my head in the winter/Spring. They rot down during the year ,depending on snow fall and rain...I work on them every year. Downed limbs,tree tops,grape vines,ect,ect..

This is also how I Maintain 12 large ground brush blinds...those I keep tall enough to block me while sitting in a plastic lawn chair and still be able to shoot over.

The fence I keep tall enough to just see over and depends on land contour on either side. I have one that runs the ridge,so I can walk up to it with out being seen from below and then walk the ridge glassing where they bed below.

Edited by growalot

Many a time..you can see one stand in the background and I have 3 others in that area...several times I've walked in on cleared paths either side of that one fence....to have it get light and there will be bedded deer well with in gun range.Also have them come in and hit openings in fence.

These openings are known to deer but not easily seen by people and still block movement. I have a staggard section a few feet off the fence and a bit wider than the opening. That has them come in slower and going in one direction or the other.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

A ground blind hunter myseft. To mimic your fence structure into the forts I once build as a kid provide great blinds for the friends and family.

post-7255-0-96357700-1453567821_thumb.jp

This one, called Ten Point after a wall mounter, has produced deer just about every year. You might consider it the resort hotel of deer blinds.

• Like 5