Poacher not helping our image down here!!

Meat First

We need to differentiate between a poacher and a hunter.  The man probably didn't even have a hunting license.  We should not allow him to cast a shadow on the image of lawful hunters.  It's funny how certain things are OK to generalize in society, when it suits the agenda of those who wish to oppress.

As an aside, it's about time to allow deer hunting, at least with a bow, on Staten Island.  The deer population is growing quickly and without hunting will soon become a big problem.

• Like 2

Come on! he gives nut jobs in general a bad name...he followed delivery trucks and stole Christmas gifts!....

The best you can say about this nut case is he proved that deer could be taken in an urban setting without any injuries to humans and undetected.....

• Like 5

Come on! he gives nut jobs in general a bad name...he followed delivery trucks and stole Christmas gifts!....

The best you can say about this nut case is he proved that deer could be taken in an urban setting without any injuries to humans and undetected.....

Well said. 

We need to differentiate between a poacher and a hunter.  The man probably didn't even have a hunting license.  We should not allow him to cast a shadow on the image of lawful hunters.  It's funny how certain things are OK to generalize in society, when it suits the agenda of those who wish to oppress.

As an aside, it's about time to allow deer hunting, at least with a bow, on Staten Island.  The deer population is growing quickly and without hunting will soon become a big problem.

Agreed but the crazies would be all over you....

• Like 2

Not aphrodisiac. In Chinese medicine it is believed to help improve kidney and circulatory problems. The real spike is athletes use it as a steroid alternative. Especially when they over turned the ban since it only contains small traces of growth hormone. Professional athletes has been snatching them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agreed but the crazies would be all over you....

They're already all over us hunters, so it doesn't really matter.  

Besides when their BMW's and Mercedes Benz's keep hitting deer, they will scream for someone to do something.  That's just what happened in Princeton, NJ a few decades ago when they thought they were smart an outlawed hunting there.  Now they have to pay sharpshooters $1000 per deer to kill them at night (not legal during hunting in NJ) over bait with rifles (not legal for hunting in NJ) that are so called assault weapons (not legal at all in NJ) using silencers (need I say more?).

Just who are the crazies helping?

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

2ND THAT!

is it sad that that was my takeaway as well?

I mean yeah he was a nutjob but all I keep thinking is they will pull a ovary snatch on all the does out there and then the buck population will explode.

I mean he was running his own successful population control program  and it seems like his neighbors new about it.

Thanks for clarifying that ...I was scanning a bunch of stuff to find the market and confused that with...huh.... not sure what, but some animal part...

Only reason I remember is because i'm a big sports fan and a famous football player (Ray Lewis) was caught with it a couple of years ago and that's when the whole legality of it came into question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many non-hunters really don't distinguish between poachers and legal hunters when they read these stories. I can imagine the comments as people read that story. Do non-hunters even know what is legal hunting and what is not? Do they start assuming that most hunters just cut the heads off and leave the rest? Do they assume that bait is a normal hunting act in NYS?

I really cringe everytime I hear those kinds of stories. I'm not sure how much of that crap is rubbing off on me strictly by erroneous association.

Doc, I believe most non-hunters think a poacher is just a hunter who didn't follow the rules.  I also believe they think most hunters do not follow the rules some of the time.  So, in their minds, all poachers are hunters and most hunters poach sometimes.

I see little hope of getting the Main Stream Media involved in correcting that erroneous perception.  I see the MSM being the cause of it.

• Like 2