Shorten the NY Gun Season?

sherlockgael

Should the NY Regular Gun Deer Season be shortened?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NY Regular Gun Deer Season be shortened?

• Yes-1 week
    • Yes-2 weeks
    • Yes-Staggered 1 week Nov 1 week Dec
    • No-Leave it as is

Here is a buck that I shot during late ML season a couple years ago . It had a broken arrow shaft through it's cheek and into its neck .

Yeah, that's kind of like the deer I saw that had his lower jaw blown off by a shotgun. I think people do some rather stupid things when hunting regardless of what weapon they are using.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as hard as we try things do go wrong. I would ever take a head on shot, but I can think of at least on scenario that the bow hunter might have thought he was doing everything right. A broad side shot.....hunter focused on the spot and as the release is going off the deer does that turn it's neck back thing to lick it's hind quarters or scratch it head with the rear hoof. I rally have tried to only take high percentage shots in my hunting career. Good shots that would be "ethical"...bow and gun. I felt pretty proud that I had never lost a deer.....that was until last year. A small branck I did not see sent my ML bullet just far enough off to send me on a mile and a half tracking jaunt that stopped on posted property that the farmer would not let me on. Bad things can happen to the best intentioned folks.

Bubba, its funny that you see me as narrow minded. I was thinking the same about you. Obviously you were in this conversation for the argument, rather than to enlighten others. I never said "THE GUN is more ethical than "THE BOW" or that "Bow hunters NEED 6 more weeks". I said bowhunting as a whole is more ethical.

well unless my math skills are off you said bow should start october 1 then after season go to january 15th. To me that is two weeks early and 4 weeks after.  That sure adds up to 6 weeks to me. 

• 2 weeks later...